Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones

This is a discussion on Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones. Step aside, BlackBerrys and iPhones, the American consumer has voted with his wallet and picked Android as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones

Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones

Android is now top-selling OS in American smartphones.

Step aside, BlackBerrys and iPhones, the American consumer has voted with his wallet and picked Android as his favorite flavor in the quarter just gone. NPD's number crunchers have just announced their findings for Q2 2010, concluding that 33 percent of phones sold during the period had Android on board. This marks the first time in eons (Q4 2007, to be more precise) that RIM has not held the crown of most purchased smartphone OS on US soil, with its BlackBerrys accounting for 28% of the market and Apple's iPhone occupying third spot with 22%. Motorola and HTC are the key suspects fingered for Android's continuing ascent, with the "large screen allure" of their handsets playing well with the buying public.

source

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wait till you see how high Android fly, you ain't seen nothing yet.

It was only a matter of time IMO. Android is the Shiddit
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Most people I talk to have no idea what Android is or what open source really means. They don't even really understand what an app or a program is. They think the apps *are* the iPhone.

With years of spending mega amounts of money on advertising, Apple has created a sheep-like following that can't see beyond their iArms or question beyond their iBrains.

As i keep saying

Believe in God & Google

if you believe MS DOS was big...

Wait for Android...

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Most people I talk to have no idea what Android is or what open source really means. They don't even really understand what an app or a program is. They think the apps *are* the iPhone.

With years of spending mega amounts of money on advertising, Apple has created a sheep-like following that can't see beyond their iArms or question beyond their iBrains.

To be fair, I believe we are all surrounded by idiots, the way i see it, most people act like this for everything, not only phones.

they follow each other, regardless that something better might be around the corner, if they'd only take the time to look.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Oh yea, and boohyea for the Android Revolution!

Hi Mate

It's good that Android has come out in flying colors in race with Blackberry. I think many countries have security concerns with Blackberry.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Hi Mate

It's good that Android has come out in flying colors in race with Blackberry. I think many countries have security concerns with Blackberry.
    UAE being one of them, I laugh at the crackberry addicts in Dubai!

While my friends are all pissed about BBM being blocked there, RIM said they would be finding a solution that can meet the Arabian governments, however im not sure if it has UAE included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Hi Mate

the countries you are talking about want to be able to read text meassages and emails from all their users,bb said no(so far)and quite right too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links