why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?!

This is a discussion on why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?! within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; LOL - Easily left behind? You mean like the next phone that will be better that will be better than the next phone, then another ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?!

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    LOL - Easily left behind? You mean like the next phone that will be better that will be better than the next phone, then another phone will come out that will be better than previous phone that was better than the Nexus?

I was waiting to see if this would ever turned into a Nexus One related discussion which it has not. Moved to Off Topic Discussion.
    Androidfied.

I will buy G2 for my 2nd phone :D

light-sabred from my NeXuS OnE using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Keep in mind, processor speed is not completely about megahertz and gigahertzs. The processor for the G2 is supposed to be using the next generation chip architecture, that is why it is able to keep up with the Galaxy S and other phones in the benchmarks.

I think I read somewhere that this processor is faster than 1ghz snapdragon in spite of the lower clock speed, and use less power.

Looks like they did keep the hinge mechanism for opening the phone instead of a regular slider. Check out this pic

T-Mobile G2 preview / hands-on - Engadget Galleries
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

mine will be here thursday im sure it will be just as nice as my nexus

rooted Nexus S 4G

Is this thread a joke? @wondermixx, Every benchmark test has shown that the G2 performs better than the Nexus One and slightly better than the Galaxy @ (the current fastest phone available).

If you would really judge a phone by statistics copied down on a sheet of paper than real-world performance, then you're a burden to the wireless industry, and should go back to pagers. God knows that industry could use some incorrect and misdirected criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by MattWoahYeah View Post
    Is this thread a joke? @wondermixx, Every benchmark test has shown that the G2 performs better than the Nexus One and slightly better than the Galaxy @ (the current fastest phone available).

If you would really judge a phone by statistics copied down on a sheet of paper than real-world performance, then you're a burden to the wireless industry, and should go back to pagers. God knows that industry could use some incorrect and misdirected criticism.
    Welcome to the Forum

This thread was started prior to the release of the G2. Kind of old News now.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links