why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?!

This is a discussion on why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?! within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor when the N1 and every other bad*** android phone thats been coming out has a 1 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?!

why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor?!

why does the G2 have a 800 MHz processor when the N1 and every other bad*** android phone thats been coming out has a 1 ghz? Whats Google thinking? I mean i was seriously thinking of upgrading to the G2, but it will instead feel like im downgrading. I aint getting this phone any more jus cs of that...i know u can overclock once u root and all but thats not the point, its still 200 MHz slower on stock...Im sorry guys but this really pisses me off...what if later this phone is not even upgradable since the requirements for android 3.0 will be atleast a 1GHz processor... Anyone getting the G2?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Save power, extend battery life. Most people wont notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Save power, extend battery life. Most people wont notice the difference.
    I agree. It's not a huge difference and it's not supposed to be a superphone anyway. A lot of the new phones are using the 800mhz processor. I can only think of a select few that have a full gig. Evo, N1, Incredible , Galaxy and Droid 2. I believe the X has the smaller one. I think the G2 will be a sweet phone. Heck the mytouch slide is sweet.

IMO, the software is more important. I played around with both the Droid x and 2 in the Verizon store and neither were as fast as my stock froyo N1. The Droid 2 has froyo but was bogged down by all of the other crap. Sense hi from what I hear isn't as bad.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing 200 MHz for a physical keyboard. As others have mentioned, you wouldn't notice the difference anyways.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Firstly, Google has NOTHING to do with the making of this phone. So why you are scolding Google about the phone that is made by HTC? Google don't make phones. They only support the Android OS.

200mHz will not make that dramatic of a difference unless you're running lots of high powered apps preferably game apps. I'm overclocked 1152 and assure you I'm probably hardly ever running over 900. Unless you're constantly playing games, 800mhz is not gonna kill you. The HTC Aria is only running 600mHz and has been stated as being just as efficient as 1ghz phones on certain apps running. Nokia N8 is running a 680mHz ARM 11 processor with graphic HW accelerator and has been benchmark tested to actually run better than some of the 1gHz phones. The hardware means nothing if the software isn't running properly for the hardware.

HTC has already made several phones phones that have the 1ghz chip. Not every phone they make needs to be on the high end. People tend to forget there's a high price for putting all the high end hardware in phones just to turn around and sell them under cost / subsidized.

I won't argue with you about the possibility of it being upgraded to Gingerbread as I'm sure that people who are buying new smartphones be able to get the next upgrade. But um, there's hardly any phones that even got the the 2.2 upgrade and still running on 2.1. In addition, there's no definite answer on the actual specs requirements for Gingerbread and at most are only rumored requirements. Most of the rumors from my understanding have been debunked by Google themselves.
    Androidfied.

You guys seen this article?

T-Mobile G2’s GPU Benchmarked, Right Up There With the Galaxy S | Android Phone Fans

I think this phone will be Dope. + Just wait til Cyanogen & Co. get ahold of it.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I read somewhere that Google has said the g2 is the next "google" phone, ie it is stock and will be first to be updated.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I hope they make an at&t version.
    Androidfied.

im sorry but i dont care about this phone anymore, it will easily get left behind by another phone that will come out...with a better gpu and processor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links