Made the switch to a Vibrant..

This is a discussion on Made the switch to a Vibrant.. within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Got tired of everyone complaining about the call quality on my end and the poor signal in my house. Picked up a Samsung Vibrant yesterday. ...

Thread: Made the switch to a Vibrant..

Made the switch to a Vibrant..

Got tired of everyone complaining about the call quality on my end and the poor signal in my house. Picked up a Samsung Vibrant yesterday. The screen really sold me. Missing the trackball a little but nothing I cant get used to. There is a slight lag on the system overall compared to my Nexus with 2.2. Hoping Froyo comes to this thing soon. Still prefer vanilla Android but the TouchWiz isn't terrible. Speaker volume is definitely better than my N1. If it wasn't for the signal/call quality I would have held on to the N1 a little bit longer. More to come.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

cxm
    my wife has the i900 which I think is basically the same phone. Nice, but too big for me. The lag became a serious issue after a while, but there is an app called ryanza one click lag fix that quickly roots the phone and fixes some of the issues that samsung built into the phone. The wife's phone is now super quick esp with graphical tasks (clocks over 2200 on quadrant, compared to 1500 on my rooted n1)

Yea just started reading up on XDA forums for various hacks/fixes. So far it's not as bad as my N1 was pre-Froyo. Thanks for the FYI on the lag fix app.

Is there a way to get vanilla Android on these phones?

My favorite feature on the N1 (w Froyo) is the WiFi hotspot. Is that available on other phones with Froyo or do the manufacturers or T Mobile disable that feature?

I also have a Vibrant and found the phone amazing even after my N1 got the 2.2 update. Everything about the Vibrant felt so new and improved, but that was until I finally rooted my N1 this past weekend... Now its like feels like January all over again with my Nexus.

All that aside though, I also do wonder what features 2.2 will bring to the Vibrant as well as other phones? Will they miss features that only could work on the N1? Its mid-September and so far there's no news on what the Vibrant is getting.

For those that have the vibrant, is there a way to turn off TouchWiz?
    Also I see that T-Mobile is selling it for $199 with a 2yr contract, but Wirefly is selling it for $99 with a 2 yr T-Mobile contract. Any one do any business with Wirefly before?
    I need a new phone for the new wifey so I wanna get her something that I can play with too
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Well, congratulations are in order, then! Nice sneak-in, btw. :D

Applied the Ryanza one click lag fix now getting over 2100+ vs the 890s I was getting with the stock Vibrant.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links