ERROR: 408 request timeout

This is a discussion on ERROR: 408 request timeout within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Hi all, I need your help! This is the only other tech based forum I've joined so I decided to come to you Basically, one ...

Thread: ERROR: 408 request timeout

ERROR: 408 request timeout

Hi all,

I need your help! This is the only other tech based forum I've joined so I decided to come to you

Basically, one of my ethernet cabled desktop started showing that error (noted in the title)... it crippled my desktop, I can't play flash games and at the worst point, it wouldn't even let me login to my accounts.

I tried many things to fix it, but to no avail. I thought it was my old desktop so we were looking for a new desktop

HOWEVER!! Now my wireless is acting up as well, my laptop won't connect to my home network... So now I think its my router that is broken.

I've got a thread going here as well (it basically shows what I've done and all):

ERROR: 408 request time out - Windows - Whirlpool Forums

Please help me

Thanks!
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Tell us more about your router, it's make,age,model,etc. Have you checked for any firmware updates for it?

Thanks for your reply :D

Its a D-link DI-524. I'm not too sure how old it is, but its definitely at least 4 years old. We had a D-Link modem (provided by ISP) from around the same time and it also broke a few months ago (kept overheating couldn't stay connected for more than an hour, ISP replaced for free!)

As for firmware, I haven't look at that I'll do see if there are updates for it.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Looks like 2.07 is the latest fw...You're AUS, right?

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DI...-524_V2.07.zip

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Looks like 2.07 is the latest fw...You're AUS, right?

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DI...-524_V2.07.zip
    Thanks Alphawave7, I just ran the update and it installed successfully.

But the problem still exists I ran the network diagnostics on my laptop to see what could be done. My laptop says "(home network) has an invalid IP configuration". Now what would that mean?

I remember using it just fine yesterday then POOF! the internet got flaky (I thought it was normal since it happens every now and then when I work upstairs from the router), now it won't connect and shows the above problem

I was at UNI today and the wireless worked fine on my laptop. So that definitely confirms my laptop is fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links