HTC replacement policy

This is a discussion on HTC replacement policy within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Anyone here believe major hardware failures should warrant replacement. Example, my HTC died after 3 months and was sent back. I had a major hardware ...

Thread: HTC replacement policy

HTC replacement policy

Anyone here believe major hardware failures should warrant replacement.
    Example, my HTC died after 3 months and was sent back. I had a major hardware failure that requires the phones motherboard to be replaced. I week to get it there now I have to wait a week for them to get parts and probably another week to get it fixed and its a business phone I use all aspects of a smart phone. Why cant they just replace it after all its only the case that will likely remain and probably the battery. This makes bad feeling and to be honest I couldn't recommend HTC or there service. If it was Iphone I probably would have a new one by now. I wouldn't complain had it been buggy software or something but its major hardware failure - I believe it should have been replaced.

Am I asking too much - well I don't think so.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have had nothing but issues with HTC customer service. back in December my power button broke and they tell me to send it to them for repair and should take about 3 weeks to get it back. Now like you I use it for business as well, every thing from gps to email. So it being Xmas time I dont have the $530 to give them as a deposit to get a replacement phone out. so after the new year i give them my debit card info and get a phone sent out to me , a week later i get this half of a referbished phone in the mail. I was told to use my battery and cover and sim on this refurbished phone so I put the battery in and then the cover well the cover dont fit right it has a huge gap on one side and overlaps the phone on the other, after I notice that I look at the whole phone and notice how badly this phone was put together. so ok I call them right away with my complaints. after they tell me they can send me a new battery cover. I turn the phone on the touch screen is bad and the signal changes constintly while in the same spot from 4 bars to none from 3g to no network and constantly drops my calls. so they tell me to do the same thing, send them $525 and they can send me another referbished base, I refuse to pay that money up front ( I know its a deposit but still ) for a 1/2 of a referbished phone . they tell me this is my only option and they dont have new phones on referbished, so I tell them to give me a diferent HTC phone and they refuse. everyone I talk to at HTC gives me the same bs line that they read out of a book and say there is nothing they can do. When you pay $525 for a cell phone you expect to get what you pay for and if not the company should take care of it. I was a apple owner previous to this and had a problem and they gave me a new phone right there on site no questions asked now thats why apple will survive in this economy. I will never buy another HTC phone or recomend them to anyone my girl friend and issues with the cheaply made G2 and all the bull crap with the Nexus 1

P.S. I'm looking into another class action lawsuit against HTC based on the issues with the Nexus one . If anyone is interested email PM me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links