Nook Color

This is a discussion on Nook Color within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I'm recharging the nook at the moment, but looks to have the video test update improvements. If bluetooth doesn't turn on, just reboot and it ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nook Color

I'm recharging the nook at the moment, but looks to have the video test update improvements. If bluetooth doesn't turn on, just reboot and it should function. It's been really stable for me since build #23.

So far messing with this, I love it as an e-reader, but I will eventually want a bigger tablet. Missing the GPS, Accleratometer and gyroscope is a bit annoying cause I like stuff like Google Maps, Google Sky... and the camera for Googles/etc.

BUT I am happy to have it for reading, email, angry birds...etc... And the nice thing is I can wait out this first round of tablet wars and see what dual/quad core monster is on worthy of a mid-grade position and is rootable and/or supported long term.

BTW is there away to get text messaging working via Google Voice?
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

OH and I wish it had a mic... but thinking I could get around that with BT maybe. Would like to record class lectures on it.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I know what you mean. I plan on using this as a stepping stone to a monster tab, but just wanted to get a feel for the tab experience, and help me decide what I'm looking for...

Have you tried Tether GPS yet?

For Google Voice, I think you need an older version of the apk, but I may be getting mixed up with Google Talk. You can text directly from the webpage version of Voice though...

For a mic, have you checked to see if the headphone socket has a mic also? Seems to be common place these days...

No, that is a good idea though, I'll check that when I get back to my desk.

As for tether GPS, no have not, but still have the tab open in Chrome to check out, guessing be to much of extra step to be much of use.

BUT for the price its still a great little tablet.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Tether GPS is so easy. It's just a server widget that you add to you phone, and a client that you add to the Nook. Click the widget to turn on/off. No set up required...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Im thinking of getting another mSD to put honeycomb on and see whats so special about it. Need to look into one of the backup programs first though I guess...
    Wave Secure + Lookout

For a budget minded individual (read broke) this is easily the best bang for the Buck out there. The features missing realy aren't an issue for me. Honeycomb is visually stunning, but the preview version is slower and missing some functionality, but once a source code version is released, I'd pick it up. I use the Nook daily, and show it off frequently. I always get the same question "Isn't that just an e reader?"

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    For a budget minded individual (read broke) this is easily the best bang for the Buck out there.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    The features missing realy aren't an issue for me. Honeycomb is visually stunning, but the preview version is slower and missing some functionality, but once a source code version is released, I'd pick it up. I use the Nook daily, and show it off frequently. I always get the same question "Isn't that just an e reader?"
    Yea been reading that... prbly hold off on the honey for now... CM7 seems to be running well. Few apps dont work. I need to look up how to remove them (Sound Recorder, Camera, etc)
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Few apps dont work. I need to look up how to remove them (Sound Recorder, Camera, etc)
    Lolz!
    Let me know when you get the Camera working!! xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links