HTC Sensation

This is a discussion on HTC Sensation within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Any TMO phones that will not work on AT&T network will be replaced by AT&T with an equivalent AT&T phone. Or, so they say....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HTC Sensation

Any TMO phones that will not work on AT&T network will be replaced by AT&T with an equivalent AT&T phone. Or, so they say.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Any TMO phones that will not work on AT&T network will be replaced by AT&T with an equivalent AT&T phone. Or, so they say.
    Can you post the source of this?
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

I've played with a few phones/tablets, including the NS, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Tab, in comparison to my N1/Nook and I always feel that if I drop one if those, I'll most likely break the plastic. I'm all for a lightweight device, but I like the feel of some solid metal surrounding my device. Just feels solid, well built. Heck yes the Sensation looks like a grown up Nexus One, minus the track ball, and that is appealing to me (except for the missing track ball). I'm planning on purchasing this off contract and finish off my 2 year contact, and then see what comes about with the merger, and decide by phone offerings and carrier options where to go from there. :nexusx:

This article at least alludes to the fact that AT&T has already costed in replacement phones to their bid. Many customers by the drop dead date may have already been changed over to AT&T phones. But, those that haven't will be offered AT&T working phones. They're not going to lose all those customers. Probably something like a new phone and new contract commitment will be offered. Who knows for sure at this point about any of it. I would make sure any new phones you get with TMO are AT&T compatible to their 4g network. G2x will be, not sure about Sensation or subsequent phones.

Will T-Mobile Customers Have To Replace Phones After Merger Completes?
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    This article at least alludes to the fact that AT&T has already costed in replacement phones to their bid. Many customers by the drop dead date may have already been changed over to AT&T phones. But, those that haven't will be offered AT&T working phones. They're not going to lose all those customers. Probably something like a new phone and new contract commitment will be offered. Who knows for sure at this point about any of it. I would make sure any new phones you get with TMO are AT&T compatible to their 4g network. G2x will be, not sure about Sensation or subsequent phones.

Will T-Mobile Customers Have To Replace Phones After Merger Completes?
    It is slightly reassuring. I think your advice about getting att 4g compatible phones is the best advice.I however am a full blown att hater. So I will be going to sprint along with the nexus brand it seems.:nexusx:
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Well--I just started with TMO from CBW--not much choice unless they break their contract with me

If dropped calls are there--may be gone at end of 2yr contract

Oldest son and wife are on AT&T--Apple hardcores, maybe I'll get an iphone 6 next year--maybe not

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Tried to teach my N1 to swim last night.... ( Epic Fail !!!! ) so been looking around today for a new phone. The Sensation looks like about the best thing I could even consider to replace my Poor drowned N1 with??? Now the wait to see how long it actually takes TMO to get these things available.....

Some Walmarts in Arizona Will Let You Walk Away With an HTC Sensation 4G Today http://phandroid.com/?p=53067

I'd get the sensation in a heartbeat if it came with S-AMOLED+.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

I'm waiting to see two things before making a switch:
    1 - Dev community support, and how it takes off.
    2 - How the internal memory is distributed (if the extra 250mb goes to /data, then great, but a lesser number may be an issue. Especially after having to deal with limited memory on my N1).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links