The end of free wifi tether soon in US ?

This is a discussion on The end of free wifi tether soon in US ? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; End of free wifi tether for the 3 majors carriers (AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile US) may come soon. Carriers At The End Of Their ...

Thread: The end of free wifi tether soon in US ?

The end of free wifi tether soon in US ?

End of free wifi tether for the 3 majors carriers (AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile US) may come soon.

Carriers At The End Of Their (Free) Tether

this would be stupid. glad im in canada but they may follow afterward.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is possible but the only thing is that since we have nexus phones we may not be affected because they don't have us on custom ROMs but I may be wrong because if I remember correctly t-mo have done this to a few people before so...

Thumbs up

It won't effect anyone who has any Android knowledge above "basic". All Google is doing is blocking the apps on the market that let you have free tethering/hotspots. So, just go into settings, click to allow 3rd party app installation, and then use another market (amazon, appbrain, etc.) to download the apps. Or you can find them on the internet using your computer, then transfer them over to your SD card using a USB cable, and install them from there.

If you own a Nexus One, I'm fairly certain I know where you got your info from. I saw an article in the news/weather app this morning that had the very same title as the one this thread has. Next time make sure to read the full article...you would have seen everything that I just wrote above.

Actually, the carriers, starting with AT&T, are moving those that are using tethering to a higher priced plan that meets their definition of 'tethering'. It's not something the user will have a choice about, except to quit tethering altogether.

It's not about getting the apps for tether, it's about using them!

I have a N1 on AT&T, 2.3.4. How does AT&T know I am tethering?

They know when you tether thats all you need to know. Glad i'm in canada but i guess they'll follow the market in a near future. Not that i tether a lot but sometimes its a life saver.

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links