AT&T Nexus One: Tethering has stopped working for me

This is a discussion on AT&T Nexus One: Tethering has stopped working for me within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; For the past three days, in Phoenix, I have not been able to tether any of my Windows 7 laptops to my AT&T Nexus One ...

Thread: AT&T Nexus One: Tethering has stopped working for me

Question AT&T Nexus One: Tethering has stopped working for me

For the past three days, in Phoenix, I have not been able to tether any of my Windows 7 laptops to my AT&T Nexus One (not rooted), running Android 2.3.3.

I am just using the standard tethering ability built into the phone, no other apps.

The Windows 7 laptops will connect to the wifi hotspot, but will not show any connectivity -- everything just times out.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Or know how I can re-establish tethering.

My phone does report the 2.3.4 update is ready -- I have not installed it yet, I was a bit worried it might get rid of the tethering functionality. Ironic eh?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Okay, well, it wasn't working, so I went ahead and installed 2.3.4. Which involved all sorts of stuff of course, including a reboot.

Now that the phone is backup, tethering is working again.

I am not sure where the problem was, or indeed, what fixed it, but as of now, it does seem to be working.

I read an article the other day about Google giving in to carrier pressure to stop tethering and that they disabled some tethering apps in the market recently.
    Your post had me a little worried. Glad to hear its still working.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links