Help Me Get a New Phone Please

This is a discussion on Help Me Get a New Phone Please within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Try this site on this forum Judee--but iPad doesn't have usb either--no nothing on N7 though Nexus Tablet Forum I am ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Get a New Phone Please

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Try this site on this forum Judee--but iPad doesn't have usb either--no nothing on N7 though

Nexus Tablet Forum
    I am reading now my friend. Thank-you.

For someone who hasn't had time to go out and look at these items, I sure have done a lot of searching on line. Guess I should have made time to go find these products and check them out! At least I can do the searching at night though.

Thanks again Ken!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Hands on testing is best Judee--otherwise too many opinions--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You know what? I am tired. Tired of looking and comparing. This has worn me out.

I would love to have The Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone & The Asus Infinity Tab. BUT... Cant afford them. But those are my choices...

I went to Google Play Store and ordered the Samsung Galaxy Nexus & The Nexus 7!

So, I will rest now till they get here then see what I think. I can always send them back if I just absolutely can not get along with them. But for now, I am just tired of looking.

I want to thank you all for your suggestion and input. You furthered my knowledge for sure.

Both of these can be rooted but don't know if I will till I get them and see whats what.

Thanks again. I sure appreciate you all!!!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Enjoy Judee--the Nexus is a very nice phone
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Enjoy Judee--the Nexus is a very nice phone

Thanks Ken. I will see. Hopefully it will be just great for me for another 3 years. lol
    If not, I will have to send it back and sell everything I have to get the Galaxy s3. lol

I am reading about jelly bean coming to the Nexus. I hope it already has it when I get it or right after with an update.
    If not, I will need to root and get it.

Guess I will check out the forums and see what its going to take to root it. I don't think it will be like the Nexus one was. They have come a long way with the rooting and unlocking.

Thanks again and I will see in the hallways. ha
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Good Luck on it Judee--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I am back again, already. I received the Galaxy Nexus today. The Nexus 7 wont be here until Monday.

At first I thought I was going to like the Galaxy Nexus but as the day went by, I decided it wasn't the phone I want to keep for a long time.

I went out tonight with friends and took it, along with my Nexus One. My nexus one has beaten it by far tonight.

I knew the camera wasn't going to be any better than the one I have on the Nexus One. I thought it may be a speck better since it was a new phone and never been dropped. I was wrong. My nexus One takes lots better pictures that this Galaxy Nexus. I also thought the GN was going to be slimmer than the N1 but they are about the same in width. The GN is bigger, which I like, but just not better.

Also, it froze on me a few times and the map just couldn't pin point me on the right side of the street. The WiFi would go off when I had it set to "never". The 3g and 4g would work off and on

Also the screen was a bit dimmer than my N1. Even when I turned it all the way up. Couldn't figure that one out because the N1 is only 480 x 800 pixels and the GN is
    720 x 1280 pixels.

I am not knocking all the Galaxy Nexus's only the one I got today. Because I know, you, who have them have been satisfied with them. I think I just got a lemon. I hate this because I wanted it to work.

I am on the hunt again for a phone. Now I hope the Nexus 7 tablet lives up to its calling. I will let you know what I think on Monday about it. If anyone is interested.

Just wanted you to know what is going on with me and the phone situation, in case anyone else is looking as I am.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Sorry about your less than enjoyable experience with the GN Judee. Seems not the norm though. Did you go to a store and try one to compare. I don't know if you are interested in contracts, but the HTC One S and maybe One X can be had fairly cheap on contract. I do like my One S. Good luck on further phones.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Junior Member ClaudineWilliamson's Avatar
    Samsung Galaxy S3 is awesome in my opinion, I held it in my arm yesterday in a store and cannot forget it lol. It's better than S2 and feels amazingly handy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudineWilliamson View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S3 is awesome in my opinion, I held it in my arm yesterday in a store and cannot forget it lol. It's better than S2 and feels amazingly handy.
    I agree Claudine, I love that phone. I am still looking around trying to find a deal on it. lol Probably wont be any until the next great phone comes out in about 4 months. lol

I ma like you. I got to play with my brothers for a couple of days and I fell in love!!!! Can't forget it!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links