Help Me Get a New Phone Please

This is a discussion on Help Me Get a New Phone Please within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Hello all. I have not been here in ages but I think of you often and check in every now and then. I still have ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Get a New Phone Please

Help Me Get a New Phone Please

Hello all. I have not been here in ages but I think of you often and check in every now and then.

I still have my wonderful Nexus one and always will. I am thinking of getting another phone now that my nexus is almost 3 years old. This is where I need you all.

What do I get? I have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy s 2's but just don't know. Can they be rooted like I did my N1? I haven't read the forum and I am so sorry. Have been working to many hours. Trying to make enough money to buy gas so I can go to work. LOL

I thank-you all in advance for any suggestions you have for me. I have been out of the loop way too long. Also, which tablet do you all prefer? I have looked at the Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Again, I haven't had time to study them closely.

I have always valued the opinions of everyone here and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks so much!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sticking with the pure Google. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus (GSM) and I'm getting the Nexus 7.

I would love to know how the Nexus 7 tablet runs. Please keep me posted when you get it.

How do you like the Galaxy Nexus? Does it compare to Google Nexus One? I love the Nexus One but I think mine has gotten tired. It seems to have slowed down on me.

I want a bigger screen also, thats why I was looking at the Galaxy s2 but now they have the Galaxy s3 and it is bigger. I wouldn't want it any bigger than that though.

I am on Simple Mobile also!!!

Thanks for your info. I will go check them out tomorrow. Have a great day!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

The Galaxy Nexus is a great step up and I'd recommend it. Plus its a Nexus!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hi Judee,

Good to see you back posting, hope OK isn't too hot for you this summer

Slim is right the GN is a very nice phone and set to get Jelly bean soon, try it out in the stores

Not sure what phones Simple Mobile carries, but I got an HTC One S and very happy. No removable card, not a big deal for me. Very smooth and nice size. GN may be a little big for you, not sure. One S is 4.3 and big difference on screen viewing over the N1. The One X is it's big brother.

The S2 is old technology IMO. The One S is 42mb capable on TMobile and 1.5gz. Gn may run on that or LTE, not sure for your carrier. Also, depends if you are buying off contract or upgarding or buying used. Would get a 42mb or LTE as that is where all the speeds will soon be.

Shop around on the S3, I think Wirefly has it for 199.00. Two year commitment with carrier, I am sure.

I would see what phones your carrier supports then check them out in stores before buying.

The One S isn't Nexus but it is HTC which made the N1. Solid feel--

Good Luck

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks Guy's

Thank-you for your comments. I am still looking and taking everything you all have said into consideration.

I decided against the Nexus 7 tab. It is going to be a fantastic tab but I want a bigger screen. I want a 10.1. So that left the Nexus out.

I am now down to a Asus transformer with dock/keyboard or Samsung Galaxy 10.1. What do you guys think? I haven't had time to really compare yet but what I have seen so far I have narrowed to these 2.

For the phone! I want a Galaxy s3. But DO NOT want the contract that goes with it. My brother bought one a few days ago and I have played with it for 2 days. It is fantastic! I love love love it! Love the screen size, the color display, The camera & the pictures it takes, the fastness, smoothness, quickness. It is so easy to use and the screen is just wonderful! I tell you all. This phone is unstoppable right now. It tears up everything around me. Still I don't want the contract and don't want to pay over 600 for a phone. So....Back to square one for looking for a phone. My little Nexus One looked soooooo little compared to the Galaxy. Did I mention that I love that phone?!!!

I will check into the Galaxy Nexus and the One S now. I definitely know I want a bigger screen now. I hated to give that phone back to my brother. lol

I will check back with you guys on my findings. Please give me what you know about phones and tablets. I am still looking and comparing.

I appreciate all your help. Thank-you! Catch ya later..
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Any unsubsidized phone ain't gonna be cheap.

Have you looked into the Galaxy Nexus from the Play Store? It's only $349 off contract; it's a Nexus, and it has a gorgeous screen. I've had mine for about 3 months, and it's good enough to keep me from getting an S3. In fact, I just got Jellybean on it the other day!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Any unsubsidized phone ain't gonna be cheap.
    Thats for sure. I keep thinking some kind of great deal is going to fall into my lap. lol I am still looking but sure love that phone...
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Have you looked into the Galaxy Nexus from the Play Store? It's only $349 off contract; it's a Nexus, and it has a gorgeous screen. I've had mine for about 3 months, and it's good enough to keep me from getting an S3. In fact, I just got Jellybean on it the other day!

I did look at the Nexus and it looks beautiful! I also checked out the HTC One S

HTC One S vs Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Our Analysis

I love the bigger screen on the Nexus. I haven't gotten to play with them in person yet. That will be my next step. I am leaning towards the Nexus because of the screen size & Higher Resolution. But the One S is lighter & thinner. Those 2 phones are a really close call.

Have you got a tablet? I am looking for a good one of those also. I am leaning towards the Asus transformer 300 now. Because of cost and I love that the Asus have a detachable key board that also serves as a charging dock. But still looking....

Thanks for your help. Hope your doing great!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links