Most Underrated Android Phone

This is a discussion on Most Underrated Android Phone within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; For me, it's going to have to be the HTC First. The power of a Galaxy S III with a 4.3" 720p S-LCD3, and an ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: Most Underrated Android Phone

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT

Most Underrated Android Phone

For me, it's going to have to be the HTC First. The power of a Galaxy S III with a 4.3" 720p S-LCD3, and an amazing design.

As a plus, it also runs completely stock Android 4.1.2 under the Facebook Home launcher (which can be switched off entirely). So, basically, if you wanted.... you could have a bone-stock, LTE Nexus-like device that's pocketable and very easily manageable with one hand for 99 cents on contract. That's pretty great.

What devices do you think qualify?

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    For me, it's going to have to be the HTC First. The power of a Galaxy S III with a 4.3" 720p S-LCD3, and an amazing design.

As a plus, it also runs completely stock Android 4.1.2 under the Facebook Home launcher (which can be switched off entirely). So, basically, if you wanted.... you could have a bone-stock, LTE Nexus-like device that's pocketable and very easily manageable with one hand for 99 cents on contract. That's pretty great.

What devices do you think qualify?
    When you put it like that, it makes it hard to argue that the HTC First isn't the most underrated phone right now. I bet if a lot of people had the phone explained to them that way, it would have sold better.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    When you put it like that, it makes it hard to argue that the HTC First isn't the most underrated phone right now. I bet if a lot of people had the phone explained to them that way, it would have sold better.
    That's what I thought too. I can't tell who's fail that was though... AT&T for not advertizing the phone right, or Facebook for not telling AT&T how to market it. The device has serious potential, but they need to tell people that if they don't like Facebook Home, they can turn it off.

On a sidenote, though, HTC has yet to post kernel source for it at HTCDev. Once they post it, though, it'll be supported in a snap. It's already running a 3.4.10 kernel and can be S-OFF'd from HTCDev.
    Last edited by Dorian; 06-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.

After your post I just took a look at it. AT&T has sold out of all of their stock for the phone. I am casually looking around, and for the right price I might buy one.

I have been kind of snobbish with my phone choices. After the Atrix 4G I went to a Skyrocket, then a Galaxy Nexus, and now I have my S3. I have a hard time looking at anything that isn't made by Sammy or Moto. Moto's offerings for AT&T have been kind of crap I think. The Atrix 2 was meh, and the Atrix HD is basically a RAZR. New designs from Moto for AT&T have been lacking.

I couldn't tell you what Sony or Nokia or really anyone else for that matter has out for phones right now.
    WERA689 likes this.

Dorian! It's good to see ou again. One of the s4 mods asked in the backroom just yesterday if you were around.I told him that the last I'd heard, you were going to school fulltime. I'ts good to see you out and about again.

Drop by the Atrix Back room and catch up with your old friends. We miss you.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    After your post I just took a look at it. AT&T has sold out of all of their stock for the phone. I am casually looking around, and for the right price I might buy one.

I have been kind of snobbish with my phone choices. After the Atrix 4G I went to a Skyrocket, then a Galaxy Nexus, and now I have my S3. I have a hard time looking at anything that isn't made by Sammy or Moto. Moto's offerings for AT&T have been kind of crap I think. The Atrix 2 was meh, and the Atrix HD is basically a RAZR. New designs from Moto for AT&T have been lacking.

I couldn't tell you what Sony or Nokia or really anyone else for that matter has out for phones right now.
    Oh, Sony has some VERY nice devices out right now. Namely the Xperia Z/ZL. I'd say that, industrial design and build quality wise, the Z is every bit as amazing and beautiful as the HTC One.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Dorian! It's good to see ou again. One of the s4 mods asked in the backroom just yesterday if you were around.I told him that the last I'd heard, you were going to school fulltime. I'ts good to see you out and about again.

Drop by the Atrix Back room and catch up with your old friends. We miss you.
    Hey! Just thought I'd pop in and start a convo.

Will do!

I guess I need to go and play with an Xperia Z.

For me it has to be "HTC One X"

LG G Stylo...great "budget" phone

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM 4.1.2
    Samsng Galaxy Note 2 (i317) IOAP ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Resurrection ROM 4.4.2 kitkat
    Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Liquid Smooth Kitkat 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Deleterious ROM 4.1.2

LG and HTC android phones i think are awesome and being underrated.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links