PayPal Invoice Question

This is a discussion on PayPal Invoice Question within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I am buying a used Apple phone offline and using am PayPal as my means of payment. The person selling the item wanted me to ...

Thread: PayPal Invoice Question

PayPal Invoice Question

I am buying a used Apple phone offline and using am PayPal as my means of payment. The person selling the item wanted me to send the money as a gift so he could avoid merchant fees, which I understand, but feel uncomfortable doing with this amount of money since there is no buyer protection if you pay as a gift. I sent him a message along these lines so he has sent me an invoice instead.

My question is if I pay the invoice, do I still receive buyer protection or is there a way he/she can sneak the "gift" option onto an invoice?

He has been a PayPal user since 2001 and is verified according to the PayPal site.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Paying as a Gift is against PayPal's rules. It wouldnt have taken you 2 minutes to find this out. Theres a reason why...which also doesnt take 2 minutes to find out.
    No wonder its so easy to scam people.If he invoiced you for goods and services, then you should be fine. If you are not sure, look it up. Paypal has a lot of information available about buyer protection and seller protection.
    Check out invoicing and billing tool when I had issues with bills and invoice management.fetchflow provides an online service for small businesses and contractors who need to make invoicing quick and user friendly.
    Last edited by martacreighton; 03-22-2014 at 09:08 AM.

223 times
    Your best bet would be to contact PayPal directly and give them the invoice or PayPal number he gave you. They can then look it up to check it's validity. DO NOT follow the PayPal link this guy sends you. There are a number of PayPal scams out there and something suspicious such as this, should be verified with PayPal directly.
    It only takes a minute, but will save you a lot of money and the hassle of being scammed.
    Good luck.

Update: oops, I see the OP was from 3/1.... Hopefully they made out OK.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links