The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.1.0

This is a discussion on The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.1.0 within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Poll: Roethlisberger is most disliked player in Super Bowl By Chris Chase No surprise here. According to a recent poll, Ben Roethlisberger (notes) will be ...

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.1.0

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Poll: Roethlisberger is most disliked player in Super Bowl

By Chris Chase

No surprise here. According to a recent poll, Ben Roethlisberger(notes) will be the most disliked player in Super Bowl XLV. What, you were expecting Mason Crosby(notes)?
    The Hollywood Reporter commissioned a poll by Penn Schoen Berland which revealed that the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback will be the least favorite player on the field at Cowboys Stadium. He is "strongly disliked" three times more than any other player in the game.
    Poll results were released before Big Ben's all-smiles performance at Tuesday's media day.
    According to the survey, Roethlisberger isn't the most disliked player in the league. He finished fourth overall in that category behind Brett Favre(notes), Michael Vick(notes) and Tom Brady(notes). (Really, people? More of you dislike Brady than Big Ben? Nobody is going to accuse me of being a big fan of adult Bieber, but come on.)
    Other findings in the poll reveal that 78 percent of Americans plan to watch Sunday's game, more people will be rooting for the Packers, and that men look forward to the game more than their anniversaries (probably because they can actually remember the date of the Super Bowl).
    Follow Yahoo! Sports on Facebook and be the first to know about the most interesting stories of the day.
    Related: Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Pittsburgh Steelers

Twitter
    wwickedd

I'm always skeptical about little green men and their flying machines. There's always one nutter/hoaxer claiming to have captured an UFO on a blurry film. This time, however, it's hard to dismiss because multiple people caught it at the same time. The video above shows three videos taken from three different angles by three different people—including one woman from Mississippi—synchronized into one. Here's the first video, showing a bright dot descending and hovering over Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock, one of the holiest spots in the world, at the heart of the Jewish-Muslim conflict in Israel:

Yes, it's not very different from other blurry videos, except that this was simultaneously being filmed from different angles by other people around the city. That's the surprising fact. Here are more videos comparing the shots, with a close up of the American tourist's video:

I'm sure that many people will claim some short of divine hand in all this, since this temple has a huge significance for the three dominant religions in the world. According to the Muslim version of the Lord of the Rings, the Dome of the Rock is the place where Muhammad ascended to heaven accompanied by the angel Gabriel. They also believe that Muhammad hanged around here with Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. The Jewish also believe that Abraham prepared Isaac for sacrifice.
    I don't know what the hell this is, but that kind of behavior—hovering so close to a building and accelerating at blinding speed upwards—can't be replicated by any flying machine known to humans. Maybe it's all just a very elaborated conspiracy by multiple people from different nationalities and beliefs. Perhaps it is an awesome hoax by someone else—maybe a viral marketing campaign. Or maybe it's a secret military device. I'm only certain of one thing: I can't wait for Bill O'Reilly to tell us about how this was probably Jesus descending in his spaceship to check out if the tides were still working or not.

What do you think? Is this real or a hoax? And if it is real, what do you think it may be?

source Gizmodo
    jesus@gizmodo.com

I'm not at all sure what that was...but I certainly don't believe that we're the only life in this vast universe. And, given that, I'm fairly sure that we aren't likely to be the most advanced form of life either....there's just too much "out there" out there for that to be true! Whatever it was, it was pretty amazing...

Twitter
    wwickedd
    I agree with you on that bro, we are definitely not alone in this vast universe.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    We need to play some twilight zone music! Eerie.

U guys ever rode the Tower of Terror Amusement Ride? Thing scared the bajesus out of me the first time haha

I got into a debate with my college astro-physics professor about this very subject. He claimed we have yet to find another planet that has the same type of environment and characteristics as ours and statistically having a planet similar to ours is astromical. Also, the chances of said planet being anywhere remotely near us so we would "discover" said life is also astromical. Combine the two and I'm pretty confident in believing yes there are aliens out there but no we will never see them, nor will they see us.

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    I saw a show on Discovery and they did find another Sun with it's own Solar System and five planets orbiting it just as ours do in our Solar System - there is one planet in particular they are calling our "Earth Twin" it is roughly the exact distance from it's Sun as we are from ours and the planet is about the same size as ours - they also claimed that water was present...they used a spectograph to make the discovery, it seems that everything is present for life to be supported -

here is the link - New Solar System Discovered : Discovery News

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Then there is the possibility of other dimensions. The whole religion of Eurantia is based on the premise of another higher dimension with them being among us now. I've WAY over simplified it but that is basically it as best as I can understand it.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    I got into a debate with my college astro-physics professor about this very subject...statistically having a planet similar to ours is astromical. Also, the chances of said planet being anywhere remotely near us so we would "discover" said life is also astromical.
    /I LOL'd at the irony
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links