The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.3.0

This is a discussion on The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.3.0 within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I've never even known this topic existed. Yeah, we do need to bring it back to life. Android.net was founded around 2010 December or October, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.3.0

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Cool The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee v.3.0

I've never even known this topic existed. Yeah, we do need to bring it back to life.

Android.net was founded around 2010 December or October, right? So it's been two years. I first came here in 2011 spring, but didn't create an account, since I had no intentions joining any forums. I've seen most of Android.net life, I remember this website used to be swarmed with people, posts, threads. When I created an account here, I could barely follow the new posts, I could attend only half or a third of them. Now this place gets emptier and emptier. What's happening? The community of Android gets bigger and bigger, but one of the main Android-related websites gets emptier. And most of the posts are app advertisements.

UD, you're a mod in many forums, how's the situation elsewhere?
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint

Re: The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee!

I think the problem mostly stems from people migrating to the more populous forums like df and to the phone-specific forums.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: The Lounge: Talk About Stuff Not Necessarily Phone-Related Over Virtual Coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    There is a special place in Hell reserved for people (using the term loosely) who would do a thing like WERA is describing.
    Yes, I hate these people. I'd tell how I feel about them, but that would require inappropriate language.

I once posted a picture of my cat in your "Speaking of cats" topic. She was a victim of such acts herself. Not as brutal as WERA's example, but just as cruel and heartless.

There was a storm, a cold one. While walking around, I found a moving bag. I came closer, untied the bag and found four kittens. Three boys and one girl (as I found out later). The girl was in the middle so the boys warmed her up a bit. They were trying to meow, but didn't make a sound - it was so cold they've lost their voices. I quickly grabbed them all, but them under my coat and shirt to by bare stomach and brought them to shelter. I had some sausages in my backpack, but they wouldn't eat. They were too weak. The boys have died in my arms, but the girl survived, probably because she was warmed up by the boys in the bag. When the storm ended, I ran to my home with all of them. The girl was slowly recovering, she started eating and eventually walking. She went to her brothers, tried to move them, but they wouldn't wake up. It was so painful to watch. I later buried them. I named the girl Atukirina. Not exactly the most common name for a cat, but I like it. I could hear in Atukirina's voice how well she was recovering. My sister's phone ringtone was cats meowing. When she came by, someone called her frequently, Atukirina heard the ringtone and ran to the phone like insane. But left disappointed every time she found out the noise was coming from that weird magic box and not a cat. Now she's all grown up.

Name:  1361744010530.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  58.5 KB
    Name:  1361744054682.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  76.9 KB
    Atukirina
    Tears for Fears

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    I think the problem mostly stems from people migrating to the more populous forums like df and to the phone-specific forums.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Wow. THE Furbearingmammal himself! :D Where have you been all this time?
    Tears for Fears

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    I've never even known this topic existed. Yeah, we do need to bring it back to life.

Android.net was founded around 2010 December or October, right? So it's been two years. I first came here in 2011 spring, but didn't create an account, since I had no intentions joining any forums. I've seen most of Android.net life, I remember this website used to be swarmed with people, posts, threads. When I created an account here, I could barely follow the new posts, I could attend only half or a third of them. Now this place gets emptier and emptier. What's happening? The community of Android gets bigger and bigger, but one of the main Android-related websites gets emptier. And most of the posts are app advertisements.

UD, you're a mod in many forums, how's the situation elsewhere?
    Some of the "dedicated" forums like the S3 Forum or the Galaxy Note2 Forum are quite busy. Others are very slow and quiet, and I'm not sure of the reasons for it. It may be because some phones (like the S3) are phenomenally successful sellers and that excitement carries over to the forums, and the slower forums are the victims of a product that doesn't perhaps sell quite as well, so there are less owners to join the forums. Like I said - I'm not really sure why we have the disparity.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    Yes, I hate these people. I'd tell how I feel about them, but that would require inappropriate language.

I once posted a picture of my cat in your "Speaking of cats" topic. She was a victim of such acts herself. Not as brutal as WERA's example, but just as cruel and heartless.

There was a storm, a cold one. While walking around, I found a moving bag. I came closer, untied the bag and found four kittens. Three boys and one girl (as I found out later). The girl was in the middle so the boys warmed her up a bit. They were trying to meow, but didn't make a sound - it was so cold they've lost their voices. I quickly grabbed them all, but them under my coat and shirt to by bare stomach and brought them to shelter. I had some sausages in my backpack, but they wouldn't eat. They were too weak. The boys have died in my arms, but the girl survived, probably because she was warmed up by the boys in the bag. When the storm ended, I ran to my home with all of them. The girl was slowly recovering, she started eating and eventually walking. She went to her brothers, tried to move them, but they wouldn't wake up. It was so painful to watch. I later buried them. I named the girl Atukirina. Not exactly the most common name for a cat, but I like it. I could hear in Atukirina's voice how well she was recovering. My sister's phone ringtone was cats meowing. When she came by, someone called her frequently, Atukirina heard the ringtone and ran to the phone like insane. But left disappointed every time she found out the noise was coming from that weird magic box and not a cat. Now she's all grown up.

Name:  1361744010530.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  58.5 KB
    Name:  1361744054682.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  76.9 KB
    Atukirina

My Brandy was part of a litter that was abandoned by their mother (although the mother may have been hit by a car) and my sister's place of employment (a nursing home) had a bunch of feral cats around, so when the litter was found, they brought them inside and nursed them by hand. Brandy and her sisters had a happier ending though, since they all survived and found good homes.

Name:  Brandy and her shopping list.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  93.5 KB <---- Brandy and her shopping list.

My Brandy was part of a litter that was abandoned by their mother (although the mother may have been hit by a car) and my sister's place of employment (a nursing home) had a bunch of feral cats around, so when the litter was found, they brought them inside and nursed them by hand. Brandy and her sisters had a happier ending though, since they all survived and found good homes.

Name:  Brandy and her shopping list.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  93.5 KB <---- Brandy and her shopping list.
    I'm glad they did.
    Tears for Fears

She's a sweet cat, and very intelligent - I've had her since she was 8 weeks old and she'll be three years old in April. WOW - time certainly does fly!

She's a sweet cat, and very intelligent - I've had her since she was 8 weeks old and she'll be three years old in April. WOW - time certainly does fly!
    She's also beautiful! My girl will also be three years old this spring, just a month later. I don't know her exact birthday, but I found her in May 18th, she was about a week old so I'm guessing she was born in May 11th. That's when we consider her birthday. Three years old... Indeed, time does really fly!
    Tears for Fears

tap'n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links