iPhone 5 will be Dual Core A8 - No surprise I guess

This is a discussion on iPhone 5 will be Dual Core A8 - No surprise I guess within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; "The release of iOS 4.3 beta for developers has revealed updates to gesture-based navigation, AirPlay and Personal Hot Spot in the next edition of iPad ...

Thread: iPhone 5 will be Dual Core A8 - No surprise I guess

iPhone 5 will be Dual Core graphics and A8 CPU

"The release of iOS 4.3 beta for developers has revealed updates to gesture-based navigation, AirPlay and Personal Hot Spot in the next edition of iPad and iPhone. However, not all changes are UI-related; it is reported that Apple is due to add an ARM Cortex A8 processor to its iPhone 5. Apple Daily, a Hong Kong-based newspaper, reported that Apple's iPhone 5 will be powered by a dual core processor with SGX543 graphics. It is reported that Apple is in contact with a Taiwanese component maker for the A8 SoC. Currently Apple uses a custom made A4 SoC in its iPad and iPhone 4 and uses SGX535 graphics and video support."

imagination Technologies' SGX543 architecture was released in Jan. 2009 at CES. The chip design delivers real-world performance of 35 million polygons per second and 1 Gigapixel -- 1 billion pixels -- per second fill rate at 200 MHz, making it capable of driving HD screens with smooth high definition 3D graphics. Including this architecture in Apple devices will allow the iPhone to offer 1080p video playback and HDMI support.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Hmm. I didn't know MP was a supported feature of A8 designs. MP was added in A9, I thought.

EDIT: Yep. ARM states the A8 is a single core design only... http://www.arm.com/products/processo.../cortex-a8.php
    Last edited by Dorian; 01-17-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dual-Core Graphics Architecture

sorry will update

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links