Giving Back...

This is a discussion on Giving Back... within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Good Evening ... Well, Tonight was a Awesome Night for me... Call it..."Given Back to Others in the Community"...Just got Home from Feeding 275 Homeless ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving Back...

Android Enthusiast It's Bubba " v "'s Avatar

Giving Back...

Good Evening ...

Well, Tonight was a Awesome Night for me...Call it..."Given Back to Others in the Community"...Just got Home from Feeding 275 Homeless People in Our Community Or Known as "The Soup Kitchen for the Homeless"...

Kinda Sad...Seeing Mother's with their Children, Grown Man...with Eyes of Sorrow and the Lost of Pride and Dignity...The Younger Women and the Older ones... coming in to get Hot Food to make it another night... feeding their empty Bellies to beat the Elements of the Cold...The enterage of Strangers seemed endless... just to get Hot Food in their Bellies and again the Kids trying to figure out what's going on, Dirty little faces, Tried Eyes...Dressed with the best clothes or what they think are the Best with Holes and Tears...with just a small grin when they looked into my Eyes...Man that was Tough....

Totally Crushed my Heart and took my Breathe Away...the Peoples Sadden Eyes, the Wrinkles Weathered Skin...you could feel the Cold in their Body, the scent of Smoke from their Clothing trying to stay warm..living in Boxes, under Bridges or any Abandon means of shelter....

For Me...I lost my Heart for the third year in a row...Doesn't get easier...I notice thay have the least, don't complain and say "Thank You for Feeding me tonight I appreciate the Food"...

I wished I was so Rich... I could pass it on to Others that need that Lucky Break to Make a different in there Life's...

Sorry for telling you this...but your Values Caught my Soul...

Given Back to Others tonight was the Richest thing I could do without offending their Pride...Well... I did make a different tonight...I made them Laugh...Hopefully giving them another view of Life and a Chance of Hope...

It's Bubba...
    Yeah, Bubba did it...He Always gets Something going.... Its a Family Site Too...Yaa know

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    It just makes you stop and think of what life would be like if we did not have any of the things that we take for granted. Great job.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Way to go bubba!!!!! Doing something simple like making someones day better, in turn makes yours great!! That was a very bold and humble thing you done says alot about your character!
    IF YOU NEED HELP WE ARE HERE!

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    When they were hungry ,you fed a meal .
    When they needed some light heart, you provided a laugh.
    If anyone who reads this has ever been on the receiving end of the free meal you know time and a smile can be the start of the hope to climb back up , or up for the first time.
    Dignity ,Bubba, that's what you did. You gave dignity.
    My hat is off for you

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Twitter
    wwickedd
    I commend you Bubba. You've made a difference in peoples lives.

Super Moderator/RS psychotic_penguin's Avatar
    Twitter
    @pternahan
    The gift of laughter is a fabulous gift, it's like giving a piece of sunshine on a cold winter day!

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Bubba - reading that was a great end to my night! I hold the utmost respect for you - stand tall always!
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Thank you Bubba. We don't need much to make a difference in peoples lives. I find humor to truly be the best medicine. And you have it by the truck load Bubba!

Somebody once told me you don't have to give money to give to others. Sometimes a simple smile a hello or wishing them well can go along way. Nobody should ever have to go hungry. Matter of fact that is one of the best gifts I ever gave to someone.

I was walking into a Ralphs here in L.A and there was this kid had to be about 20-22. He wasn't dirty but it was obvious he was homeless. As I was walking in he very faintly said to me "Can you get me something to eat" He didn't ask for money. He wanted food. I said "For sure man wait right here" I went into Ralphs and bought this kid so much stuff. I went back oput and handed him a full bag of food. He was so grateful but you could see his sadness. That moment really moved me I must say. Still brings a tear to my eye actually. I went in did my shopping and when I drove off I saw him sitting on the side of the building sitting by himself eating the food I had just bought him.

I don't know who felt better me or him but it was one of the best feelings I have ever experienced.

Anyway. be proud my friend you did something wonderful for another human being. Thank you for sharing : )

These stories break your heart. I wish I had the money to set up shelters and homes for these people. And the time to try and help them get back in their feet.

These stories remind my of going on service project trips through church when I was in high school. It was always to the Appalachian Mountain rand most were laid off miners. All we did was help them by fixing up their homes through hard work. Two of those years I was with my youth director Pat. He was this tall muscular guy, who had been in the army. He could be serious when needed but mostly reminded me of a big kid which he acted like a lot. He knew how to roof houses so we got those jobs. And for one week we would be out in the hot sun tearing off tin roofs and placing shingles in its place. We got to talk to these families...people who did not have much and had seen nothing but rough times. We became close they let us in to their homes and their lives just grateful that someone was there to help them and glad for the company. At the end of the week we would pack up.and say goodbye, they would thank us and their kids would hug us...there were heavy hearts all around knowing that we had become close in such a short amount of time and that we would never see one another again.

Those are three weeks of my life that I will never forget. There are times when I think back and smile, glad for the opportunity to help somebody else.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quicksilver7714; 01-18-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links