Help Alabama and the rest of the south

This is a discussion on Help Alabama and the rest of the south within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Please take the time to pray and provide the assistance you can to our brothers in the south. Thanks..... I will be providing links to ...

Thread: Help Alabama and the rest of the south

Help Alabama and the rest of the south

Please take the time to pray and provide the assistance you can to our brothers in the south.

Thanks.....

I will be providing links to places that could use donations.

Taken from here: Alabama Tornado 2011: How to Help Storm Victims - ABC News

The links below should send you to an organization that could use your donation.

Donate to Tornado Relief Effort
    American Red Cross: The Red Cross is providing relief to people across the hardest-hit states, providing shelter, and relief to survivors.
    To make a donation to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief, visit its online donation page.
    You can also call 1-800-RED-CROSS or text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

Tuscaloosa Tornado Caught on Tape Watch Video

85 Million Americans in Path of Latest Storms Watch Video

Tornado Forms in Alabama Watch Video

The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services is responding to the deadly tornado activity throughout the South, mobilizing feeding units and providing support to the victims.
    To donate to the Salvation Army's tornado disaster response, visit www.salvationarmyusa.org, click on their donation page and designate "April 2011 Tornado Outbreak."
    You can call 1-800-SAL-ARMY and donors can text "GIVE" to 80888 to make a $10 donation. Checks can be made out to the Salvation Army Disaster Relief, P.O. Box 100339, Atlanta, Ga., 30384-0339.
    Feeding America: Feeding America helps food banks provide food to communities affected by the recent tornadoes.
    To make a donation to Feeding America, visit its online donation page.

Alabama
    Governor's Emergency Relief Fund: The Fund, part of the Alabama Governor's Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, provides additional recovery assistance to Alabama residents who have exhausted all other coverage provided by relief organizations, government programs and insurance. To donate, visit the online donation page.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I'm in Tuscaloosa right now... We've actually rolled out several disaster response units to restore network and data services in several affected areas. (Cullman, Tuscaloosa, etc...)

To see the destruction floored me. Pictures don't covey anything of the situation. When I got there, I just stood there... It was one of those moments where you're too struck to respond.

Donations and volunteer help are very VERY greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Thank you very much for posting this!!
    Last edited by Dorian; 04-28-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links