New CPU's Coming Soon

This is a discussion on New CPU's Coming Soon within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; It's been made public and confirmed that Motorola will release a handset with a 2 GHz processor later this year. I suspect it will include ...

Thread: New CPU's Coming Soon

New CPU's Coming Soon

It's been made public and confirmed that Motorola will release a handset with a 2 GHz processor later this year. I suspect it will include Android 2.2.

Also, the folks at Qualcomm have said a new 1.5 GHz snapdragon will be released soon, but no word of a 2 GHz.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

These companies are releasing new phones so fast, it makes my head spin. Just a couple of days ago I saw where Motorola would be releasing Droid X in July, and Droid 2 in August. Now both of those phones are old news before they even get released. lol

The problem I have with these new phones is that they are getting to big for my tastes. Both the Droid X and Droid 2 are supposed to come with 4.3" screens. That makes the phone way too big IMHO. I prefer my cell phone to be smaller and lighter. I admit that even my beloved Ally is borderline too bulky for my tastes, but it is smaller than any of the new phones. To be honest, the perfect size phone for my tastes would be the Droid Eris, but I can't type on a virtual keyboard too well so I got the Ally for the keyboard. I wish one of these companies would make a smaller phone (like an Eris or Ally) that has the CPU speed and memory amounts of some of these newer phones. Since that probably won't ever happen, I will happily stick with my Ally until it dies on me.

I hear ya Joe, seems like they used to make phones smaller and smaller with each new model, then along came multimedia phones and they started getting bigger again. And now with smartphones, they seem to be getting even bigger. I think a lot of it is people want bigger screens with their smartphones. I always liked the "clamshell" type phone, but we see a lot of sliders these days. Most folks like the Ally's big slideout keyboard, some saying that's why they bought it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links