Droid Fever

This is a discussion on Droid Fever within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; So, with all the droid phones that are currently out and the Droid 2 and Droid Pro coming out. How good/bad are the droids really? ...

Thread: Droid Fever

So, with all the droid phones that are currently out and the Droid 2 and Droid Pro coming out.

How good/bad are the droids really?

Yea they seem to be the new thing on the market, and a lot of people say they suck, and a lot say they are good.

I just want some honest opinions on what you think?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

IMO the hardware isn't much of a big deal. HTC is coming out with good or better stuff than Motorola. It's all about the software. I'm excited about getting 2.2, but 3.0 sounds cool, as does the bigger faster processors. But the Droid name, meh. Motorola had it's day in the sun with the Droid. Now everyone else has caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    IMO the hardware isn't much of a big deal. HTC is coming out with good or better stuff than Motorola. It's all about the software. I'm excited about getting 2.2, but 3.0 sounds cool, as does the bigger faster processors. But the Droid name, meh. Motorola had it's day in the sun with the Droid. Now everyone else has caught up.

The Droid Incredible is made by HTC, so just because it's a Droid doesn't necessarily mean it's a Motorola phone. I just got a Droid X, and it's fantastic. I will say though that this is my first smart phone, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Not sure what you mean by "how are the droids". Only certain phones actually get the Droid name tagged to them, so far it seems like mainly Motorola and HTC. But then there's Android phones in general, which can be from just about any manufacturer. So not sure what exactly you're referring to. The Android platform in general is getting more popular everyday and a lot of people say it's a lot better and has less restrictions than the Iphone and the Apple app store. The phones that are actually called "Droids" are usually the higher end stuff these days, with the big screens and the powerful processors. But even something like the LG Ally still takes advantage of the app market and other features.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Parshooter36 View Post
    The Droid Incredible is made by HTC, so just because it's a Droid doesn't necessarily mean it's a Motorola phone. I just got a Droid X, and it's fantastic. I will say though that this is my first smart phone, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Yeah, so HTC has the incredible, and Moto has Droid/Droid2/Droid X/Droid Pro/ect... pretty safe to say they were asking about Moto.

And you don't have or plan on having an Ally... you just here to disagree with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    Yeah, so HTC has the incredible, and Moto has Droid/Droid2/Droid X/Droid Pro/ect... pretty safe to say they were asking about Moto.

And you don't have or plan on having an Ally... you just here to disagree with me?

No, I was one of the first members to sign up here, as I was very interested in the Ally. I had to wait till the end of July for my upgrade, but by then I had lost interest. I still like to stop by from time to time and see how people are liking their Allys. Sorry to bother you.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links