Broken bones

This is a discussion on Broken bones within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I figured as I'm having another pain related sleepless night, I might check this site for some pre phone learning and kill some time as ...

Thread: Broken bones

I figured as I'm having another pain related sleepless night, I might check this site for some pre phone learning and kill some time as for some reason my netflix isn't behaving as it should. I thought maybe a nice topic of broken bones, as it's pretty high on things in my mind now. As I'm nursing another handful of broken ribs. I'm very a creature of habit when it comes to the rare hours I get to sleep and by sheer luck the broken ribs are on the side I lay on.

What if anything have some of the members here been unlucky enough to break, damage or crack?

Me I've stopped counting the broken bones in me. My rib cage is shattered, I have a part of bone floating around me in freely now from the tip of a middle rib being cracked off, during a rugby game. I honestly can't count the amount of ribs broken anymore or times they've been re-broken. You grow used to it, to a point. I've also broken a few fingers oddly my left hand middle both thumbs and right pinky. The crowing jewel is my shoulder, I managed to crack it so badly it's been rebuild 2 times, and I'm in my mid 20s, there is no joint left and the ball of my arm into the shoulder was quite literally carving it self a new home until my second surgery. The first only stopped it for around 8 months until I managed to re destroy it. This is on my dominant left arm.

I understand it's rather morbid topic, I figure might as well share our stories of the amusing or tragic wounds life throws at us, and being a male call it stereotypical, I take pride in my scars.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not too many for me, but one was pretty nasty.

I've broken a thumb at work (police work), broke my wrist while skateboarding long ago. That one was pretty bad. I shattered the scaphoid into tiny pieces and split the lunate bone in two. Had to wear a cast for four months. And don't know if it counts as a broken bone, but I tore my rotator cup so bad making an arrest that I had to have rotator cup surgery. I got out of work for three months on that one, all paid for by workman's comp, of course.

My word,

It sounds like you keep quite busy on your job. I hope you stay safe out there and thank you for the service you provide.

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    My word,

It sounds like you keep quite busy on your job. I hope you stay safe out there and thank you for the service you provide.

I've slowed down a bit, working in CID now in a shirt and tie. SWAT call outs are sometimes rough, but mostly because the gear is so heavy it causes chronic back pain.

Ditto none. Intrepid men and women in law enforcement risk their own a** to help keep the rest of us safe, and our communities peaceful.

Glockman, you're welcome here 24/7 buddy.

None, you're welcome here between 8 AM & 6PM.......lol Just kiddin none

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Ditto none. Intrepid men and women in law enforcement risk their own a** to help keep the rest of us safe, and our communities peaceful.

Glockman, you're welcome here 24/7 buddy.

None, you're welcome here between 8 AM & 6PM.......lol Just kiddin none

Actually for me now, it would be 0800 to 1600...unless I have a call out.

By the way, I posted a cool video of my rotator cuff surgery on YouTube, if anyone wants to see it. The sports medicine surgeon (Dr. Mirabello, a most excellent surgeon) who did my surgery records all of them to give to the patient.

Then again, who wants to see the inside of some strangers shoulder?

"Dr. Mirabello, a most excellent surgeon..."

Makes me want to strum a la Bill & Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    "Dr. Mirabello, a most excellent surgeon..."

Makes me want to strum a la Bill & Ted!

Yeah, I know. I'm a child of the 80's, actually.

Ok... Bill and Ted fans. I find you most rightgous.

Hahahahahha.

We need a Bill and Ted thread!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links