iPhone on Verizon

This is a discussion on iPhone on Verizon within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Open Source! It is way better than what elitist Apple does, IMO. But don't forget Verizon and Google are still trying to avoid FCC regulations ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone on Verizon

Open Source! It is way better than what elitist Apple does, IMO. But don't forget Verizon and Google are still trying to avoid FCC regulations and support "fast-lane" Internet service, which will suck for everybody (in the US).

I truly hope this cross-branded support brings on a price war. For us! Apple started to see Android eat into their sales so they bandaged the hemorrhaging by capping a deal with the largest mobile telecommunications company in the world (Vodafone, which own 45% of Verizon).

BTW, my phones have not lasted 2 years. The one before my Ally wouldn't charge with 2 weeks left until I got this free upgrade. 2 weeks or pay for upgrade PLUS $50 to upgrade early. WTF? Sometimes VW gets it SO wrong!

One more thing- when I see someone handling their iPhone I often think it is a tablet. That thing is bulky when compared to my Ally.

I have had the same problem. No phone has never made it two years.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I have had the same problem. No phone has never made it two years.

The good news is that we are the seeing the beginning of what will hopefully become some very loud grumblings on the new every two/contract issues. Being stuck with a provider and locked into one phone, or having to choose a certain provider because of a phone, is ridiculous. As explained in the article, this isn't free market economics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-l...?ir=Technology

Interesting read.

A few years ago the government was going to try and get carriers to pro rate the ETF and nothing ever came out of it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Interesting read indeed. I have to say though, I've been very intrigued by the idea of a Verizon iPhone. It's tough to deny the enormous amount of resources available to iPhone owners (Abundant accessories, an industry-leading App store, and the relative assuredness that the device won't be obselete right after buying it, for instance) and the time period that I bought my phone during would allow me to trade it in for credit towards at iPhone. Add to that the fact that I've got a tax refund coming my way and it makes it all a very tempting option.

I do think I would miss the Ally's keyboard though. It's fantastic. Decisions, decisions...

A few years ago the government was going to try and get carriers to pro rate the ETF and nothing ever came out of it.
    Last edited by CR6; 08-24-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links