iPhone on Verizon

This is a discussion on iPhone on Verizon within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Here is a link to the event that announced the iPhone is coming to Verizon Wireless early next month. Engadget streamed the live event and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone on Verizon

Here is a link to the event that announced the iPhone is coming to Verizon Wireless early next month. Engadget streamed the live event and now the link has questions asked of the presenters.

iPhone on Verizon Event from Engadget.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Est unlimited data plan $90 to $120 according to Computerworld. Verizon won't announce what it will be yet.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Oofda, I pay that for 2 phones.

If those are the prices, that's suicide. It is almost a year old phone with no LTE. Only the fanboys would pay that.

Well Verizon as usual is not confirming or denying. At the CES, they side stepped any question about how much it would actually be.
    Motorola Droid 4

Just received this email at work:

"iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon. Because we appreciate and value your company's loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase on a first come, first served basis before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else."
    Motorola Droid 4

For those who want "PC" click on by.....

FLAME ON!

I for one simply don't care!

There is a reason I have the LG Ally VS740 and not any other of those alleged smartphones...

1) I don't do crapple

2) I don't do RIM

3) I don't do crapple! !

4) I don't do winmpmobile !

5) I don't do CRAPPLE! !

Linux ONLY!

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED with VZW... tell the meglomaniac(s) in cupertinofantasyland to stick it! !

VZW you were right to tell them to stick the first time... NOTHINGS CHANGED!

Now EVERY VZW sub has to PAY TO SUBSIDIZE the idiotphone.... You think the loss of those NE2 credits was not related??? ! HA! NO, I have NO PROOF OF THAT.. but LOGICALLY it makes sense to cut off the financial impact from this. Not so much of a big deal on the normal phones, but this one they would be taking and probably are taking a bath on...YES PURE SPECULATION, YES, promotions come and go.. but NE2 credits have been around what 10 years ? ? ? ? Now all of a sudden its a bad deal? ? ? I am not normally a big NE2 credit person, matter of fact I've only used upgrade 2 in 25 YEARS... and both were in the last 4 years... I purchased my "car phone", brick phone, and all the hand helds from the Nokia to the 3 Audiovox's.

Had I not got a $50 credit, the VS740 would still be on the shelf, and the VX8610 would still be in use. And there would be a LOSS of NEW REVENUE OF $30/month. No $30 is not a big deal, but multiply that by x of similar persons who chose not to upgrade and guess what it STARTS TO ADD UP! QUICK! I don't need a smartphone of any sort.. I chose to upgrade for some programming and testing needs of my own, personal and work related (We only allow, or *I* ONLY allow Android based devices for work, and yes I get to make that choice! I already sent out the Sorry suckers NO idiotphones! email after the announcement! You could have heard the collective moan )

If I was a VZW store manager I would box all the idiotphones I was shipped and send them to another store, and say sell a way! I would also put up a big Android in front of the store... all the rim, and other non Android phones would in a dark dank corner behind a screen....

I love it CR, just dished the VZW idiotphone as "UNCOOL!" THANK YOU CR ! ! ! KEEP IT UP! ! ! Dish the crapple, dish crApTT! ! ! !LOVE IT ! ! ! !

VZW and Android for the win!

FLAME OFF!

Tell us how you really feel. ROFLMAO.

Actually the media agrees with you that the New Every 2 promotion killer was due to the iPhone. However, it is only new customers that won't get the promotion. Current customers will still be able to use the promo, at least one more time.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'll be honest. I had ipone envy back when all I had was a Z'One and then an EnV Touch. Once I tasted android, the iphone lost it's appeal. The only reason I would like an iphone is to be able to use facetime with my kids while they are at home and I'm at work and I want *proof* that they have done what was asked of them.. ie: Did you clean your room, unload the dishwasher etc LOL I'm looking into another available option for that now. Maybe skype? hehe

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I do believe Androids with front cameras work on 3G. Skype is also working on video phoning over 3G. Facetime is overrated.

There's an app in the market that allows video chatting over 3G and wifi that works with the Ally. I just can't remember its name right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links