Does anybody have an e-reader?

This is a discussion on Does anybody have an e-reader? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I've been looking into e-readers the past few days, I'm seriously considering buying one. I want to start reading again and I think it would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have an e-reader?

Does anybody have an e-reader?

I've been looking into e-readers the past few days, I'm seriously considering buying one. I want to start reading again and I think it would be easier for me to get back into it if I have a cool new piece of tech to use. I want to know which one people like the most. I'm thinking the new Kindle but not entirely sure. Any recommendations?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I actually want one too but I'm looking forward finding one for free by reviewing it. I wish I could help all I know of is the kindle.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

Well I looked into the Sony, the Nook, and the Kindle and it seems like people prefer the Kindle. Not to mention it's Amazon and they have a massive selection of e-books.

I have a Kindle DX and I love it. It's not the current gen. but works just as well. I'm actually trying to sell it so I can get a new one. Let me know if you have any questions about it I guess.

I just ordered the new one. It has a 6" screen and is wifi only for $139. I should have it in a few days so if I do have any questions, I'll post them here.

Thanks

I would've totally shelled out the extra clams for the free 3g pretty much anywhere in the world. It's pretty awesome. Also I would get one of Amazon's leather covers if you haven't already.

I don't really need the 3G. I can't imagine being anywhere where I don't have access to wifi to download a book, especially considering that I have my EVO that I can tether it off of. Is there anything else you can do with the 3G besides download books?

I'll get a case for it, I just can't afford it right now.

Yea, there is an "experimental feature" as they call it that is a web browser. It generally works better for text based sites but can access most anyways. Also one of your search options is wikipedia which I believe uses the browser.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I thought Amazon has an app for our EVO's to be eReaders?

Yea, there is an "experimental feature" as they call it that is a web browser. It generally works better for text based sites but can access most anyways. Also one of your search options is wikipedia which I believe uses the browser.
    Oh well. At least I can tether it if I need to search wikipedia for some reason.

I thought Amazon has an app for our EVO's to be eReaders?
    They do, but I want me some new tech! In all honesty, I have horrible eyesight so I'd imagine trying to read a 1000 page novel on an EVO would be quite the task for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links