Add This Phone

This is a discussion on Add This Phone within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; So I really had no idea where to post things about my phone, Im using the Samsung Exhibit 2 4g. And I had a question, ...

Thread: Add This Phone

Add This Phone

So I really had no idea where to post things about my phone, Im using the Samsung Exhibit 2 4g. And I had a question, I have the Monthly 4g Plan and there is no 4g where I live but! There is a strong 3g signal, However I only get Edge full bars, but say I was to go to school, it will go in and out of 3g but while it says 3g, it alsi says searching, so I have no service with 3g. Ive messed around in the debug screen with the *#*#197328640#*#* command. I messed around with the band selection and I can get it to stay on 3g but sayd searching. Also at one point the service said AT&T when I clearly have Tmobile. Anyways if there is anyway to fix this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Also Im wondering if switching to SimpleMobile would be a better option, would I get 3g then?

All answers are appreciated!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow you did a lot. Ok, it is not uncommon to see another carrier name if their signal is stronger. Or if you are considered roaming. In your settings then about phone and finally status. What is your signal strength? Also if you go to settings>wireless and network>mobile networks you can then turn off roaming. That way you only are using tmobile network. You should be able to turn on or off 3g as well.

Okay, Im currently not roaming; Unfortuanetly there is no option to turn 3g on or off, not even for 4g. I still continue to have EDGE. Now, I checked my signal stregnth its currently -81 dbm 15 asu. I have no knowledge of how strong that is. Let me add thatif I go about 10 miles up the road I DO get very good 4g. now this is near the actual city. Idk if I can just wait maybe a momth and the 4g signal would crawl its way to my location or what. Thanks for replying.

If it switched and you saw att then you were roaming. Now as far as the 3g option I am sure there is an option in there. If you have no good service than go to the store and hand them back the phone.

My question is, if I bought that Exhibit II 4g, would it work on family mobile? family mobile doesn't offer 4g, but would the phone function normally on 3g?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links