What Are The Chances?

This is a discussion on What Are The Chances? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; What are the chances of living with in 50 yards of 2 explosions in your life? Bout 7 years ago, was the first one. There ...

Thread: What Are The Chances?

What Are The Chances?

What are the chances of living with in 50 yards of 2 explosions in your life?

Bout 7 years ago, was the first one. There had been road construction in the area. Seems they hit a gas line and didnt know it and just filled the hole in. The gas was able to leak into the basement of an elderly woman's home. The gas was orderless as the scent had been absorbed in the soil. When the guys from the utility company went to light the pilot light in the furnace that had been blown out, they didnt think to test for gas, and KABOOM. The house went up in flames. One person died and the others suffered sever burns.

Fast forward to Tuesday around 4 PM. Normally I can hear the fire truck coming a mile away as the are I live in is some what rural but starting to develop as the city expands. Didnt hear them until they were right in front of the apt complex. I see them turn into the apt complex across the street, and I had turned my police scanner on to hear them report a little bit of white smoke. 3 more fire trucks a rescue truck, 3 cop cars, a detective in unmarked crown vic, ambulance, EMS supervisor, Fire Chief, and Fire and Arson Investigation showed up. Turns out a meth lab exploded damaging the apt it was in, as well as the apts to the left and right. It also caused the wall to partially buckle:
    http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/780...0316181443.jpg

Any one else ever lived close to an explosion, much less 2?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Exploding meth labs sound like something that would happen near where I am. Where do you happen to live?

And no, I haven't been through an explosion, but I did experience double twisters at Myrtle Beach, SC one time. Was wild. Did alot of damage to the hotel we were staying in.

To be honest, i hear bombs and things all the time. I stay on Fort Hood, the biggest military base in the U.S. I hear bombs, gunshots, and sirens all day long. And have to deal with the constant safety alarms because someone either gunned down a building or thinking its terrorist.

That would suck Tae. I like peace and quiet so Id go nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Exploding meth labs sound like something that would happen near where I am. Where do you happen to live?

And no, I haven't been through an explosion, but I did experience double twisters at Myrtle Beach, SC one time. Was wild. Did alot of damage to the hotel we were staying in.
    Evansville,IN. Like you, meth is bad in this area, but I live in a pretty descent neighborhood considering the rent in these apts is pretty cheap so a meth labs shocking. Some one using meth wouldnt surprise me but cooking is another story.

I thought Ft. Benning was the biggest... at least that is what I was told when I was in the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    That would suck Tae. I like peace and quiet so Id go nuts!

Evansville,IN. Like you, meth is bad in this area, but I live in a pretty descent neighborhood considering the rent in these apts is pretty cheap so a meth labs shocking. Some one using meth wouldnt surprise me but cooking is another story.
    Haha, meth would be bad in Evansville... I lived near South Bend for years (yeah I know, other side of the state).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links