Motorola Droid Life Expectancy?

This is a discussion on Motorola Droid Life Expectancy? within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Just wondered if any one has an expectancy on how long the Moto Droid will be around? Is the Droid X replacing the droid or ...

Thread: Motorola Droid Life Expectancy?

Motorola Droid Life Expectancy?

Just wondered if any one has an expectancy on how long the Moto Droid will be around? Is the Droid X replacing the droid or just adding another droid phone to the line up? With the Droid being the top selling Android I have a hard time believing there just going to drop it, and not to mention there still pushing updates out on it pretty actively it seems.

Let me just some it up with saying that I am sick of AT&T charging me bogus charges monthly. Well Pretty close to it. Now yesterday was the last straw. Two mobile billing agents, one supervisor in mobile billing, and 2 customer service agents to resolve my issue. Not to mention I had to ask three times to get a supervisor on the line before the agent stopped stuttering and got me the supervisor. Not to mention this whole process was about 90-180 minuets worth of talk time on my 550 min shared plan!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dandroid
    Man, that sucks. I've always had better luck just going down to the AT&T store. The Motorola Droid will probably be replaced with the Droid 2 in a few months. The Droid X will just add to the line-up and be competition for Sprint's EVO 4G. For more information, check out Droid X Forum

Hey Dan thanks for the reply. You dont know half the trouble I went through yesterday, but lets just say I finally just told them my demands, cut and dry and they finally just realized I had a very valid point which was do this and your off the phone and on to a customer who is raising hell.

I do prefer the store environment but the thing is I have a combined account (cell Phone and Internet) and as I understand it they cant make changes to my account in store. Not sure if its AT&T systems as a whole, or just my local stores, but there of no use other then paying the bill.

Thanks for the info about the Droid and Droid X, but Im not interested in the Droid X because I hate touch screen keyboards. I have to have a physical qwerty keyboard to suit my needs.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Hey Dan thanks for the reply. You dont know half the trouble I went through yesterday, but lets just say I finally just told them my demands, cut and dry and they finally just realized I had a very valid point which was do this and your off the phone and on to a customer who is raising hell.

I do prefer the store environment but the thing is I have a combined account (cell Phone and Internet) and as I understand it they cant make changes to my account in store. Not sure if its AT&T systems as a whole, or just my local stores, but there of no use other then paying the bill.

Thanks for the info about the Droid and Droid X, but Im not interested in the Droid X because I hate touch screen keyboards. I have to have a physical qwerty keyboard to suit my needs.
    watch for rumors of the droid pro. initial rumors sound like it will be about the same phone, physically, just twice as awesome.

Thats a LOT of trouble.

Sam, how will it be twice as good?

Well the Droid 2 will be supported longer than the Droid, the Droid 2 will have a 1 Ghz processor and a better keyboard among other specs. The only downside I can think of is that it's running the same UI as the Droid X.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links