Skype missing from Market

This is a discussion on Skype missing from Market within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I have been unsuccessful in using my Skype account on the Android platform. I have tried Skype Beta (useless) and Fring. Fring excepted my Skype ...

Thread: Skype missing from Market

Skype missing from Market

I have been unsuccessful in using my Skype account on the Android platform. I have tried Skype Beta (useless) and Fring. Fring excepted my Skype account, but I could not complete a call.

I was browsing the Market hoping for a true Skype app and noticed that Skype Beta is no longer in the Market.

Does anyone have news in regards to a full Skype application for Android?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Skype Lite has been withdrawn, but this was never a real solution. Skype has announced that they will release a legitimate (VOIP) version of Skype Mobile for Droid on Verizon this month (March).

I am hoping this will also operate, at least over WiFi, on the N1 GSM version.

I don't see the point of Skype when you can use Fring

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    I don't see the point of Skype when you can use Fring
    Actually it is not like this, Fring does not support conversations, and if you are person like me, who use them a lot, Fring is kind of vexatious.

My only concern is giving account details and passwords to a third party company such as Fring.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links