Recover Pantech Burst bricked

This is a discussion on Recover Pantech Burst bricked within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I screwed my new Pantech Burst. The phone just doesn't boot. Even Pantech logo doesn't appear. It doesn't respond at all (recovery mode or download ...

Thread: Recover Pantech Burst bricked

Unhappy Recover Pantech Burst bricked

I screwed my new Pantech Burst. The phone just doesn't boot. Even Pantech logo doesn't appear. It doesn't respond at all (recovery mode or download mode doesn't start).

According to Gizmolord forum, I followed the instruction accurately (Rooted and installed ClockWork Recovery mode) and installed Gizmolord ROM. Then, I installed Uniquely Named 3.1. Everything was working fine. Thereafter I installed CyanogenMod10, it worked fine. Installed Google Apps for it, the keyboard stopped working.

Then, I reinstalld CyanogenMod10 again after formatting system. Then,
    -Wipe data/factory Reset
    -Clear dalvik cache
    -mount /system from mounts and storage

When I rebooted, CyanogenMod logo animation appeared. After a few seconds, a red area appeared at the top like here ( "search in youtube - pantech burst mdm error" except that it was red). Then, I pressed power key to reboot.

Now, my phone doesn't respond at all, doesn't start, no recovery mode. In Device Manager, it shows "QHSUSB_DLOAD" under "Other Devices".
    What do I do to recover my phone. Please, I need HELP !!!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Android Jr Member herecomesmaggi's Avatar
    Bro cynanogen mod for burst was in beta stage.... U should have tried it with precautions. And never ever partition sd card or internal storage or mount usb or system storage from cwm, it usually crashes because of unavailable drivers....
    1. First of charge ur handset for atleast 30min without any try to start And see if battery is getting warm...
    2. After charge, press vol+ + vol- + power hope u will boot in soft upgrade functionality.
    3. If yes then you are saved.... Download official ics upgrade tool from pantech website... And run it. (you must first install pantech pc suit so that your drivers get installed.

Regards...

The Battery gets warm. However, I'm unable to boot into soft upgrade mode by holding down(vol+ vol- pwr)
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] QCN Files to test? Can all android phones be grounded like in the link, and booted into download mode ? I'll take a look soon.

Android Jr Member herecomesmaggi's Avatar
    Till ur tries, remove battery from it and short the battery pins that is inside set... That will kill any charge remaining in handset and leave it for half an hour....
    Then after try again by inserting battery and soft download mode...

I think burst doesn't have any pins outside to ground, I will search about it ...hope will find some solution.

Quote Originally Posted by herecomesmaggi View Post
    Till ur tries, remove battery from it and short the battery pins that is inside set... That will kill any charge remaining in handset and leave it for half an hour....
    Then after try again by inserting battery and soft download mode...

I think burst doesn't have any pins outside to ground, I will search about it ...hope will find some solution.
    Ahh.. hadn't subscribed to this thread. I was the one to start this thread and I'm the one replying late :S Ok, I'll definitely try it. Some users had also suggested making my own USB JIG and trying it boot the phone into download mode. It didn't help at all

Hi. My phone is recognized by QPST. Somehow, I managed to get MPRG8660.hex, 8660_msmimage.mbn, rpm.mbn, sbl1.mbn, sbl2.mbn, sbl3.mbn, tz.mbn. Does anyone know the process of flashing Pantech Burst using QPST ?

Ads