New to Android.Net

This is a discussion on New to Android.Net within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I've had so many issues with getting help from AT&T that I was hoping that someone could help me on here. I have an atrix2 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: New to Android.Net

New to Android.Net

I've had so many issues with getting help from AT&T that I was hoping that someone could help me on here. I have an atrix2 cell phone and so does my husband. He has thousands of songs, pictures, downloads, emails, apps etc.... I have 66 songs only two hundred pictures and have deleted all of my emails and still cannot access my pictures and my phone keeps saying that my sd card is full and I cannot open certain programs or apps. I have moved all my apps to the phone I have deleted my emails as a forever delete using my laptop and everything else the customer service people have said would fix it and it still wont work. Today they say that maybe he just has a larger memory than me ad so I take his phone in with me and I find out that my phone has the larger sd and memory. What in the heck is wrong with my phone. It is so frustrating! At first I loved my phone but now I cannot wait till February when I can get rid of the darn thing! Please anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

7 times
    Welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with that device but know with others deleting text messages solves the issue... Text messages are stored and sometimes with a bunch of them can cause this issue... If that doesn't help maybe look into booting the phone into recovery and clearing cache.....

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

14 times
    Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

67 times
    Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to view your pictures via your laptop/computer by plugging your device in via the USB cable?
    The beatings will continue until moral new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site:

223 times
    ^^ this is a great idea!^^
    Welcome aboard and let us know how you make out with the above suggestions.
    Good luck!

329 times
    Welcome to the site. Hope you get this resolved.

Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    519 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    230 times
    Hello and welcome to!

First, make sure whether your phone storage is actually full or is it just a glitch. In some rare occasions, the phone may think the storage is full when it's actually almost empty.

To do this, go to Settings, then find Storage (the location of storage information depends on whether your Android version is 2.3 or 4.0) and see how much free space there is. Keep in mind that external SD card and internal SD card are two different storages. Atrix 2 comes with 8GB internal storage (with system and cache taking away some space, 5-6GB should be user accessible), perhaps your husband keeps his files into internal storage while you keep it in external (2GB should be added to the package when you bought your phone)? See the Storage information and tell us how much is left on both, internal and external storages? I should also mention that depending on the Android version, your storages can be named differently. Internal SD card may be called "USB storage" or similarly.

If your storage is indeed full, try to check if any apps take some space on your card. Even if you install them on the phone's storage, apps can still keep their data and cache on your card. To check if apps take a lot of space, go to Settings, then Applications (or Apps, depending on the Android version), then choose "On SD card" and see if some apps take a lot of space with their data. (The app itself can be installed in Phone's storage and take little space like 3MB, but its data and cache can take even a gigabyte on SD) To sort by size, press Menu button and choose "sort by size". If an app takes unusually much space, click on it and check how much the app itself, its data and its cache take. You can then clear its data, cache and delete the app itself if it takes too much space.

However, if all storages have enough empty space, the best and easiest thing you can do is to do a factory reset. To do that, go to Settings, Backup & Reset (or Privacy, depending on your Android version) and press "Factory data reset". It should then clear out the problem. (Note that performing factory reset will wipe out all your apps which were installed on your phone, messages, contacts, call logs and bookmarks, so be sure to backup necessary data.)

I'm sorry if this post is too long, I'm trying to explain it as simply and easily as I could to prevent confusion.
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 07-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links