Swype Does Not Work

This is a discussion on Swype Does Not Work within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello, I have been a Droid user for close to 6 years. I currently have the Razr M. I was having a lot of issues, ...

Thread: Swype Does Not Work

Swype Does Not Work

Hello, I have been a Droid user for close to 6 years. I currently have the Razr M. I was having a lot of issues, and had to have it reset today. Now I can't find a lot of my items that I usually use and came to this site for help. The first thing I need help with is Swype. I've gone into settings-Language and Imput and made sure that Swype is checked, but still won't work.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have you set it as your default keyboard? This can be done in system settings / language and input as well...if not, you might try to clear cache / data of the Swype app (system settings / app manager / all / swype) and then force stop it (or reboot or both ) and then give the keyboard another try...good luck!
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

I've done that, it still doesn't work! I know you can hold down in the text field and usually "input method" comes up and you can set it that way too, but I'm not getting that option. I'm really frustrated that I'm having to re-install everything because stupid Google crashed on my phone. This is the one thing that I'm really getting angry about. I already spent two hours at Verizon this morning, don't really want to go back! Thanks for trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have you set it as your default keyboard? This can be done in system settings / language and input as well...if not, you might try to clear cache / data of the Swype app (system settings / app manager / all / swype) and then force stop it (or reboot or both ) and then give the keyboard another try...good luck!
    Just figured out what you meant about setting it as default keyboard. I kept going into the settings and everything was set right, but I was missing that part - thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links