IN Trouble

This is a discussion on IN Trouble within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; can somebody please tell me if an apk file can get downloaded in ones mobile automatically without ones knowledge.Moreover can it get uploaded and be ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By smalltowngirl13

Thread: IN Trouble

IN Trouble

can somebody please tell me if an apk file can get downloaded in ones mobile automatically without ones knowledge.Moreover can it get uploaded and be automatically sent from the mobile to another person via gmail?
    i did not download any apk file in my mobile.but i found the file in my cell and also that it got sent to one of my friend through my gmail account.
    please help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Welcome to the forum!

If it was sent via gMail and you did not send it, it could be that someone has access to your gMail account via a computer. As for the download of the apk - I say very unlikely but possibly not unprobable. If you are concerned that someone has access to your device, you can consider a factory reset of your device as well as setting up the 2 step verification for your Google account.
    CR6 and UltraDroid like this.
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

well i did check my gmail log in history and it doesn't show any anonymous log in.moreover is it possible that a apk file gets uploaded and downloaded automatically?

Also can you please guide me on how to post my query on any of hte available forums

Welcome to the forum! As Smalltowngirl mention, it's unlikely, but possible. As mentioned never download files or click on website links that come from/through your email, unless you know the person and are expecting something from them.

Another thing you'll want to do to protect yourself is, go into system settings, scroll down to Security. Make sure the "Unknown Sources" box is unchecked.

The only time you check this box is if you're downloading apps from the Amazon App Store or apks/files from trusted websites. Otherwise, you need to keep this box unchecked.
    Good luck!

tap'n

Welcome to the site. Have to say that I learned the hard way not to click on any links in emails; soon after getting a virus that way, I read a warning about it. If it were me, I would go ahead with the factory reset, to try to prevent this problem from happening again. Good luck.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links