Recovery Details....

This is a discussion on Recovery Details.... within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I'm not a phone programmer, and don't even use one...but my wife does. Recently she was forced to delete a video under duress. We were ...

Thread: Recovery Details....

Recovery Details....

I'm not a phone programmer, and don't even use one...but my wife does. Recently she was forced to delete a video under duress. We were able to recover the video using downloaded software. Now, though, it is being claimed that the video was never deleted in the first place. Is there some registry or log on her phone that we can look at/access to prove the date and time that the video was deleted? Her phone is an HTC Thunderbolt.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The only way I can think to prove that the file was deleted is to have a Log cat when you deleted it. Btw, who's claiming this? An IT department? Also, there's also a file located at sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails(your path may vary slightly) that will still "save" pictures as a thumbnail even after they are deleted. You can find that by using a File Explorer from the Play Store.

Tapped from a Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    The only way I can think to prove that the file was deleted is to have a Log cat when you deleted it. Btw, who's claiming this? An IT department? Also, there's also a file located at sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails(your path may vary slightly) that will still "save" pictures as a thumbnail even after they are deleted. You can find that by using a File Explorer from the Play Store.

Tapped from a Nexus
    No, my wife was forced to delete a video from her phone by the police. They claim that either she deleted it voluntarily or that it was never deleted. Now I need to prove the claim that:
    a). the file was created when we claim
    b). the file was deleted when we claim
    c). the file was restored when we claim.

I've got "c)." covered. A and B are giving me a really hard time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links