8 Unused USB Drives Mounted

This is a discussion on 8 Unused USB Drives Mounted within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I am trying to figure out why my RAZR MAXX with 4.1.2 has slowed so badly, and I am now thinking that somehow I have ...

Thread: 8 Unused USB Drives Mounted

Question 8 Unused USB Drives Mounted

I am trying to figure out why my RAZR MAXX with 4.1.2 has slowed so badly, and I am now thinking that somehow I have been adding USB drives over time. I can see 8 USB drives mounted when I use WIFI File Transfer, and they are all empty, although I can not see them on the phone itself. My question is, Is there a way to unmount these USB drives? I suppose a related question is, Is there a more likely reason the phone has slowed so badly? Sometimes it takes multiple attempts just to get through the login screen. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Forum! I'm not a technician so hang on for awhile until we can get some help over here.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...creenshot.pptx
    Here is the ~screenshot showing the 8 USB drives mounted on the RAZR. This is the only place I can see it, but it could explain why the RAZR has slowed so badly. The (new) Galaxy S5 shows clean, as I remember the RAZR used to be. Thanks.

Well, I cleared cache AND data for the WiFi app on the RAZR, & used a completely different browser on the PC. Same result. I have updated the screen shot file with a view of 1 of the empty USB drives. The RAZR is still usually slow as sludge.

Thanks for the advice. I ran CCleaner & Du Speed Booster, & speed is good at least for now, but the USB drives are still there. Now I am wondering if the 8 USB drives are normal for the RAZR? This help request started because, at least in the past, too many network drives could really slow a machine. So, is there a way to see if this should be normal for a RAZR? Thanks again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links