Transfer Info to New Phone

This is a discussion on Transfer Info to New Phone within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hello All, Just joined today and hoping to get a little help. I've just had a brand new phone gifted to me - CUBOT P9 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cali

Thread: Transfer Info to New Phone

Transfer Info to New Phone

Hello All,
    Just joined today and hoping to get a little help. I've just had a brand new phone gifted to me - CUBOT P9 ( My old android had a smashed face - although it still works.) I swapped the SIMs over and can phone and send texts on the CUBOT but can't get it to deal with emails - it says it has authentication problems ( but then authenticates!). Ideally I'd like to grab all the info from the 'old' phone and whoosh it into the new phone - contacts, Apps, that sort of thing. I've seen lots of stuff on the net explaining how to do it but no joy - partly because of my technical limitations. I am a user rather than a techy when it come to computing - but I'm not dense!
    If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.
    I've tried a few free download progs to do this task but the big stumbling block at the mo' is that my pc is not automatically recognising the CUBOT. - so the programs can't proceed.
    I'd like to resolve this without involving my son who gave me the CUBOT, partly 'cos he is a busy person but mainly because it really annoys me that I have trouble doing this kind of thing. Does anyone out there have any useful tips.
    Many thanks in advance
    W

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the site. Moved your thread for responses.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Many thanks. Where is the post now located please?
    W

Found it!

Typically, you have 2 options to do this:
    1. Make a back-up of your contacts on your sim card (easy, works with any phone)
    2. Make a back-up in the cloud (works with newer phones, also lets you restore your apps etc.)
    (3.) Do it by hand

If 3. doesn't appear appealing to you either, I'd try to do a backup in the cloud. This is often automatically if you have an Apple or Google account, or you can force a backup (need internet or WiFi connection). This would be the way to go.

If you have an older phone (no internet), option 1 should still work...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links