Need assistance recovering data from locked Galaxy S5

This is a discussion on Need assistance recovering data from locked Galaxy S5 within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; My son has a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Model SM-G900M). The phone is asking for a PIN when it's turned on and we cannot get past ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Need assistance recovering data from locked Galaxy S5

Need assistance recovering data from locked Galaxy S5

My son has a Samsung Galaxy S5 (Model SM-G900M). The phone is asking for a PIN when it's turned on and we cannot get past that screen. Here is what I've tried so far:

1) I went to the Android Device Manager site and sent a request for a new pass code lock. Now, the phone's screen prompts me to enter the new code and says "Locked by Android Device Manager," but there is no way to enter a code. No matter where I tap on the screen, I am not given a chance to enter the code created through the ADM site. I am, however, able to get back to the screen to enter the PIN (the one I cannot get past).

2) I have gone to the "Find My Mobile" site provided by Samsung. My son's phone and his phone number appear on the top, left-hand side. However, if we use the "Locate my Device" or "Lock my Screen" I get this error message:

"The device is offline or network connection is unstable."

3) I have downloaded SDK and tried using ADB via Command Prompt. If I type "adb shell" I get this response:

"Error: Device Unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device."

Again, the device is locked.

4) I have downloaded and tried using Wondershare MobileTrans. It can see the device, but, when trying to do a backup to my computer, gives me this message:

"Authorization on device is required in order to continue."

Based on all this, I have to assume that USB Debugging is not enabled on this phone. I'm really trying to figure out a way to at least back up the pictures and anything else, if possible, without having to restore the phone to factory settings.

The phone does not have an SD card.

I looked into download mode as well as rooting the phone, but am reticent to try either one of those because I don't want to "brick" the phone or make it worse. I'd greatly appreciate ANY help that can be provided with this. Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum! Without having a backup password set, your best bet would be to take it into your carrier, they can unlock it for you. Just make sure you bring your ID or whoever's ID the account is under, or monthly bill goes to. That would be the easiest way to resolve this problem.
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links