install driver, upgrade phone O.S.

This is a discussion on install driver, upgrade phone O.S. within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Evening: I sure hope someone can help!? For about 2 yrs. on/off, I wanted/tried to upgrade this phones O.S. I know I need to D/l ...

Thread: install driver, upgrade phone O.S.

install driver, upgrade phone O.S.

Evening:

I sure hope someone can help!? For about 2 yrs. on/off, I wanted/tried to upgrade this phones O.S. I know I need to D/l a driver for it so that the comp will 'recognize " it. O.K, here's where all the B.S. begins!!!
    Have been able to find and D/l the driver, but what ever comp I have used, I've not been able to get it to install. Have tried to use Kies to get/install the driver and it failed. Tried to install driver into both a MSWin and Linux machine and again, can't seem to get it to install???? It's an older phone, but that shouldn't matter(?) Here are the phones specs: Samsung Anycall GalaxyS 1- model shw-m110s; O.S. Froyo 2.2. I'd like to upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2 (am supposed to be able to:: video on youtube shows phone model running KK4.4.2). Think first and foremost I need to accomplish getting the damn driver installed. BUT, would appreciate any help/advice concerning this dilemma.
    Stay Sharp:
    Rick
    ADDENDUM: What I NEED to do is find out how-to get this phone to be "recognized/acknowledged by/seen by/interact with either the computer or a program designed for upgrading a Samsung phone. This has been a bane of this phone for quite some time. ANYONE know how to get this phone to interact with the computer/upgrade program? phone: Samsung Anycall GalaxyS 1 model SHW-M110S running FroYo 2.2 and rooted
    Appreciated:
    Rick
    Last edited by 69Rixter; 02-26-2016 at 05:10 PM. Reason: addendum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links