Signal strength

This is a discussion on Signal strength within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Right your confusing the two networks. Your seeing the dB when no wifi is on and then you turn on wifi and the number gets ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signal strength

Right your confusing the two networks.
    Your seeing the dB when no wifi is on and then you turn on wifi and the number gets a higher negative number.

I should've made it more clear for you.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-25-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Yes sir. I know my router is necessary to do what I need, I just really wanted to understand the numbers. Thanx guys

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Go to the Market and download WiFi Analyzer.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&feature=searc h_result

I
    t may prompt you to install a library -- if it does, do it. It's also safe.

Now scan your Wi-Fi signal and it'll tell you what your actual strength is.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

That's freegin' needo! My wi-fi signal bounces around between -60 and-40dbm! And I didn't know there are so many routers around me. I must go back and give a certain app a 5 star rating. Thank-you I can lay this to rest now.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    You are very welcome!

I've been in 3 other forums and everybody everywhere has rooted their phones. You probably know (like I'm not even writing this in the right place I'm sure) I'll never be a techie. But a: I am of average intelligence; I aced most of my 12 years of schooling (no computer classes in the 70's), then was a foreman for 23 years building million dollar mansions until a fall ended my career. So i'm good with numbers, have common sense. B: I have no use for so many apps this came with; I just want them gone. And my 2g card is 80% full; all I wanna keep is my music, about 750mb; but my phone is only half full (I don't understand RAM or ROM. Is that like temp memory and hard-drive memory?). C: I don't want to be the only root virgin, wondering what everybody is talking about. 4(haha): I haven't a computer, but I guess you don't have to have one to root (?)
    Voiding the warranty doesn't scare me, I just don't want to screw it up so bad I can't get back to anybody (fbm or slagit!) to get it back so I can at least make calls until I can buy a new phone (a week or two). Can one of you point me in the right direction? I'm ready to do it, and I'm sure you got better things to do than popping my cherry. If you don't think I could or should I would appreciate your input. But I certainly wouldn't hold you responsible for my idiocy. Depending on your feedback, I'll talk to you soon, or maybe way later from a diff phone...? Thank-you very much
    P.S.: I thought I changed the topic to "root or not to root". I can't even do that right.
    Last edited by titanoman; 07-29-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Don't worry about the topic -- worst case scenario we'll start a new thread if you want to go that way.

I'm not sure how one roots the Optimus. I'll start digging. Be warned, you may be required to have a computer. Some phones can only be rooted from outside the device.

Ok, first do not feel bad about not understanding. I guarantee most people that are techie have no clue what's the difference between Maple and Oak except by name. Or what a 16 penny is. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. As far as Ram and Rom is concerned. Ram is like short term memory. It's what needs to be done right now. Rom is longterm.

Now, as far as rooting your phone and warranty issues, you can root without a pc but, highly unrecommended.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Ok, first do not feel bad about not understanding. I guarantee most people that are techie have no clue what's the difference between Maple and Oak except by name. Or what a 16 penny is. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. As far as Ram and Rom is concerned. Ram is like short term memory. It's what needs to be done right now. Rom is longterm.

Now, as far as rooting your phone and warranty issues, you can root without a pc but, highly unrecommended.
    Thanx both of you. I tried going to forum.xda-developers.com, got registered but for some reason I could never get into any of the sub-forums. Everything just kind of freezes up like a real bad connection or too much at once. I tried like 4or5 times and gave up.

Let me check into your phone. Maybe I can find the easiest way to root and without having to use a pc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links