MMS Help!!!!

This is a discussion on MMS Help!!!! within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I have one of those unlocked Samsung Galaxy Notes and I had to change the APN settings found online in order to get the phone ...

Thread: MMS Help!!!!

MMS Help!!!!

I have one of those unlocked Samsung Galaxy Notes and I had to change the APN settings found online in order to get the phone to work with AT&T. I have also installed Go SMS for texting. I noticed that most of the time when I try to send an MMS picture it doesn't go through. It just shows the arrow indicating that it's working (or the spinning wheel if I try to use Samsung's message application.) Can anybody help with this?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android.net

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Mine doesn't work either

Quote Originally Posted by patdesignsinc View Post
    I have one of those unlocked Samsung Galaxy Notes and I had to change the APN settings found online in order to get the phone to work with AT&T. I have also installed Go SMS for texting. I noticed that most of the time when I try to send an MMS picture it doesn't go through. It just shows the arrow indicating that it's working (or the spinning wheel if I try to use Samsung's message application.) Can anybody help with this?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android.net
    got my new Note today and while it texts, does internet and phone calls, it won't send or receive MMS. I called tech support at ATT after trying all the various online suggestions for setting up the APN but ATT was not able to help. They tried changing the IMEI number from my Atrix the sim came out of and that lost 3G/HSPA service, so we changed it back and then escalated to a higher tech. He sent me a list of settings to try which really weren't any different than the ones on the forums except some of the things had no matching relationship to the input areas of the Note. Nothing worked. I went back to my Atrix. I have 7 days to return the phone to transformerandgsmphones.com and I may have to return it. ATT will be releasing their version (which will have LTE according to the tech guy) in about February, so I'll get one then if we can't make this work. It's hard to believe that with all the people that are using this phone that I've only found 2 others complaining about the MMS. Everyone loves the phone, but they must not be using it for MMS? Sure wish we could solve this as I hate to send it back.

Why is this such an issue?! My s3 won't send photos either which is something my dumb phone did no problem. I swear I'm trading in for an iPhone. It's ridiculous to have to download a different app just to send a simple picture message!

Have you tried taking a picture not in the highest resolution?

What slag said. This phone had a high def camera. You have to change the settings to a lower resolution brie taking a picture, otherwise the file is way to large to send via sms.

tap'n

Most mms from newer phones are more than what a carrier allows to be sent. Lower the picture from 8mp and it may go through. Also check to see if you're sending as attachment or if photo is included.

Ads