Ghosting/Superimposed Images on My Screen

This is a discussion on Ghosting/Superimposed Images on My Screen within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; I don't know how else to describe it. All of the sudden, two screens are "on top" of each other. I can see part of ...

Thread: Ghosting/Superimposed Images on My Screen

Ghosting/Superimposed Images on My Screen

I don't know how else to describe it. All of the sudden, two screens are "on top" of each other. I can see part of my (phone) Contacts page ghosted on top of my home screen. But my home screen takes up, like half the page and is superimposed "behind" the Contacts screen. If I hit the "home" icon, then about 5 minutes later, the home screen will appear. But when I choose an icon, it delays for a couple of minutes and then, again, is "ghosted" with the home page behind it. It's really wierd. Like, if I hit the "text" icon, the home screen gets "stuck" and then, after a five minutes, I can see some of my historical texts to people but it's "zoomed in" as if the screen isn't fully-refreshed (and only half the screen shows) and I can still see the home page "behind" it (but it's small, like half the size of the page).

I have a Motorola Droid 4 and I absolutely love it. I've had it for only a month or two. It was working fine up to now. The only thing I changed was that I started using Swype, but that was yesterday and I didn't have any problem until an hour or so ago. I guess I'll go to Verizon but I thought I ask this forum for suggestions.

I'm thinking that the phone just needs a "hard boot" but I don't know how to do that and I certainly don't want to lose any software (apps) that I've installed. The battery cannot be removed.

Help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, a slight update. If I touch ONE icon and leave the phone alone, then eventually, that new screen appears. It's during that 2- to 5-minute transition of the screens changing that the "superimposed images" appear. But, like I said, eventually, the new screen comes up. So, for some reason, the phone is very sluggish. Like if I hit the "Settings" icon, the screen gets "stuck" as if it's TRYING to go to the new screen but it can't ... then, after a few minutes, the Settings screen comes up and it looks fine. But if I choose something from Settings, then it sits there for another 2 or 3 or 5 minutes until THAT new screen comes up. So, something is really wierd with the phone. Again, if maybe I could just reset the phone somehow, maybe that would fix it.

And now the phone doesn't even go to sleep! it just sits there on the home screen. Ugh!

Just got back from VerizonWireless. They took one look at it and said: "we're sending a new phone to you for free." So, obviously, something wierd happened to the phone.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Sounds like the hardware may have borked. I would have tried a factory reset before taking it in to see if the software had corrupted itself.

Sorry I didn't see the thread earlier. Been taking a day off from the technology world.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links