Email Downloads

This is a discussion on Email Downloads within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Had my phone nearly 2 years now, but for some reason my email is playing up. My default address is virgin.net and normally there are ...

Thread: Email Downloads

Email Downloads

Had my phone nearly 2 years now, but for some reason my email is playing up. My default address is virgin.net and normally there are around 20-25 messages on the phone plus any new mails that come in. For some reason though, when it checks for email every 5 mins, it downloads another 25 or so from the server. This has been going on since lunchtime and I now have 450 on my inbox. They are all read and old ones from the server. How the hell can I firstly stop them downloading, and secondly get rid of them?

Is there a housekeeping function which deletes everything older than say 2 weeks off the phone (keeping them on the server, prefereably so I can access via my desktop)?

Sorry, should have said. I'm using a Galaxy S with the bundled email app and my incoming settings are IMAP from virgin.net.

On my desktop, I use thunderbird as the email client.
    Last edited by andyp1959; 07-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links