Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

This is a discussion on Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Welcome. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

Twitter
    GoCliffGo

Re: Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

Welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I have a Galaxy S III on AT&T (SGH-I747) running AOKP JB Milestone 1 (4.1.2).

I keep my phone on vibrate almost all the time. I find notifications to be rather disturbing in general.

My phone vibrates whenever I get a notification. And when I do turn the volume up, I can hear them all. However, when I open Pandora, whether on vibrate, silent or with sound, I have to hit the volume down button twice and then volume up twice before it will play. Kind of a weird quirk, but it could be because of the custom ROM or the app. I am not sure, but it is the only app that has this issue.

Food for thought, hopefully it might help someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by crewonizuka View Post
    I was having the same issue and its not because of any specific app. If you mute the volume in an app or game it will take control of the volume (I.e. for me it was tiny tower). The solution: you can either open the app you last turned the volume down on and turn it up again or if you dont know which one it is just go to task manager (long press home button then press task manager) and end all active apps, then adjust the volume. Hope this helps

That did the trick CREWONIZUKA. Thanks. Now I can continue my work.

I was experiencing the same thing on my galaxy s3. Turns out it was "the chive" app that was doing it. I uninstalled it and havent had the problem again.

Re: Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

No one, for any reason, should have to uninstall theChive from their phone!!!

KCCO!

Tap'd from my 747 roc'n AOKP M1!!

I was just having the same problem, and the Chive app was the culprit. I just force closed it, and everything is great now. No need to uninstall it.

KCCO, indeed!

All I did wad hold down the home button and pressed the trash can to clear all task then I held the button down again and pressed the pie chart and clear memory. This should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Hey just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows what to do. Basically when I turn down my ringer volume all the way so that it's on mute or vibrate, that mutes my media volume as well. That's great, except that even when I turn my ringer volume back up, my media volume is stuck muted. When I'm on the basic volume menu, with all three volume options, I can slide the media volume to the left or right but the line going through it indicating that it's muted won't go away. When I'm actually on some form of media, the volume stays down at zero and won't move. It fixes it when I turn the phone off and on, but that's annoying as hell. Wondering whether this is something that somebody else has experienced? Here's the apps I downloaded prior to when this happened, in case it's one of these that could be causing the problem.

Facebook
    Pandora
    Twitter
    Flow Free
    Zynga Poker
    IMDb
    Tiny Tower
    doubleTwist
    Spotify
    Chess Free
    iFunny
    Angry Birds Space

Also, if no one else is having this problem, which is kind of how it seems right now, should I assume that it's just my own device and take it to the Sprint store?

I was having the same issue and its not because of any specific app. If you mute the volume in an app or game it will take control of the volume (I.e. for me it was tiny tower). The solution: you can either open the app you last turned the volume down on and turn it up again or if you dont know which one it is just go to task manager (long press home button then press task manager) and end all active apps, then adjust the volume. Hope this helps
    This works, thank you!

omg this worked, thank you

Just hold down the home button, tap the pie graph on the bottom left and clear ram. Worked for me when my volume wouldn't turn up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links