Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

This is a discussion on Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Hey just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows what to do. Basically when I turn down my ringer volume all the way ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

Galaxy S3 Media Volume Stuck on Mute

Hey just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows what to do. Basically when I turn down my ringer volume all the way so that it's on mute or vibrate, that mutes my media volume as well. That's great, except that even when I turn my ringer volume back up, my media volume is stuck muted. When I'm on the basic volume menu, with all three volume options, I can slide the media volume to the left or right but the line going through it indicating that it's muted won't go away. When I'm actually on some form of media, the volume stays down at zero and won't move. It fixes it when I turn the phone off and on, but that's annoying as hell. Wondering whether this is something that somebody else has experienced? Here's the apps I downloaded prior to when this happened, in case it's one of these that could be causing the problem.

Facebook
    Pandora
    Twitter
    Flow Free
    Zynga Poker
    IMDb
    Tiny Tower
    doubleTwist
    Spotify
    Chess Free
    iFunny
    Angry Birds Space

Also, if no one else is having this problem, which is kind of how it seems right now, should I assume that it's just my own device and take it to the Sprint store?
    Last edited by Sterling; 08-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Exclamation Same Issue

I am having this same issue and am having to resolve it the same way, however I have a Verizon Galaxy S3! If anyone could help me with this issue or if you have found a solution I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

same problem

I have the same problem. no matter what i do i cant figure out what to do. i have looked everywhere on the internet, so far i havnt found a permanent solution............

I can't imagine any of the apps you have doing this, (although i have no experience with double twist)
    Have you pulled down your notification bar and made sure the sound is not muted there? We had a member on our sister site, S3forums.com, with a similar issue. Turns out it was still on mute in her notification bar.
    Give that a look see. Other than that I'm not sure. If you can't find an answer here, pop over to S3forums and ask your question there.
    Good luck!

oh yeah....and welcome to the forum guys! :D
    tap'n

Try an app named SoundAbout. It has fixed other audio issues, maybe it will help this one.

Hi, has anyone found resolution to this probem as my new Galaxy S3 has the same annoying problem

mute issue

I think it's due to Spotify. I opened spotify and it unmuted. I removed the app and everything seems to work fine now. Let me know if that helps anyone else.

Re:

I was having the same issue and its not because of any specific app. If you mute the volume in an app or game it will take control of the volume (I.e. for me it was tiny tower). The solution: you can either open the app you last turned the volume down on and turn it up again or if you dont know which one it is just go to task manager (long press home button then press task manager) and end all active apps, then adjust the volume. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by crewonizuka View Post
    I was having the same issue and its not because of any specific app. If you mute the volume in an app or game it will take control of the volume (I.e. for me it was tiny tower). The solution: you can either open the app you last turned the volume down on and turn it up again or if you dont know which one it is just go to task manager (long press home button then press task manager) and end all active apps, then adjust the volume. Hope this helps
    Thanks for the tip and welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links