S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging

This is a discussion on S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Ok, so my phone last about 18 hrs, and that's without using the phone. But I notice, that the battery on this phone sucks. Let's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging

S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging

Ok, so my phone last about 18 hrs, and that's without using the phone. But I notice, that the battery on this phone sucks. Let's say I decide to play temple run... my battery will drain about 2%, each minute of plain, while on my iPhone 5 my battery drains 1% in 5 minutes when playing this game. The games are also lagging like hell out the blue. I make sure no programs are running in the background and still lag, lag, lag. It's gotten to the point where I just want to slam the phone when playing a game. I did a factory reset and it's still happening. In my iPhone 5 I had everything running and syncing, and never had lag issues or battery drain when the phone was in use. I still prefer the G3, because I think it's better. I'm not sure what's up with my phone, I don't know if it's a program causing this on the android, but I have the same programs and games on my iPhone 5 and don't have any issues like these. Even when I'm just browsing the through the phone the battery starts to drain by two percentage every minute or two. I love my G3, but right now I have no idea what to do.Plus, I have LTE turned off too, which I never did on my iP5. :/

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Jr Member danesusername's Avatar

re: S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging

I've had my S3 for almost 2 weeks now, and I've been having the same issues with battery life. It's a bit of a pain because I have to bring a charger everywhere I go, but personally, I'd prefer the battery life of the S3 over the blandness of the iPhone 5.

As for lag, I haven't been having much of a problem with it. Occasionally, I do find an app that isn't quite as compatible with the phone, but it hasn't been a huge issue for me.

It is unfortunate about the battery life, though. I love this phone, it'd be nice to not have to rely on a charger to keep it going.

re: S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging

To prevent lag, make sure you go into system settings, "developer options" , and turn off "window and transition animations". That should help.
    Good luck!

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    To prevent lag, make sure you go into system settings, "developer options" , and turn off "window and transition animations". That should help.
    Good luck!

tap'n
    I did that, but the lag is still happening from time to time. I also don't have that power saving thing on.

How have you been owning s3?

Quote Originally Posted by shift_me View Post
    How have you been owning s3?
    I haven't I sold it and got the iPhone 5... The S3 was giving me too much problems, and lags. I got it replace for a new one, and notice the phone just lags when playing games. I had CM10 on it too, and it seem to that anything can make these phones lag. I order another one on ebay... I will give it another try, but this will be my last time.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: S3 is Dying Fast and Lagging

This is weird. S III should not behave like this, especially not a new out-of-the-box one. And that happened two times in a row?

My S III didn't have any problems since the day I bought it, though I have the international version with Exynos. Which version did you get?
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Not all Roms run well on all phones. CM10 is very sporadic. You should try a different TW Rom. Also, you take a big chance purchasing any phone off eBay or craigslist You have no idea what you're buying, what's been done to it, etc etc.
    I've had my S3 since last July and haven't had any problems with it.
    Good luck though and let us know how you make out.

tap'n

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Not all Roms run well on all phones. CM10 is very sporadic. You should try a different TW Rom. Also, you take a big chance purchasing any phone off eBay or craigslist You have no idea what you're buying, what's been done to it, etc etc.
    I've had my S3 since last July and haven't had any problems with it.
    Good luck though and let us know how you make out.

tap'n
    Yes, not all ROMs run well in all phones, but two units out-of-the-box in a row? That's absurd.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

True....but if he's buying them off eBay...that's no guarantee he's getting brand new units.

tap'n

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links