Bricked P9070 Burst

This is a discussion on Bricked P9070 Burst within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Was playing with rom manager, by accident I hit fast reboot and it turned my phone into a brick. Well now i need some help ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bricked P9070 Burst

Bricked P9070 Burst

Was playing with rom manager, by accident I hit fast reboot and it turned my phone into a brick. Well now i need some help to unbrick it if there is help that is...first time rooting, first time with rom manager. I am very computer literate but this has me stumped. I have searched countless threads and forums and seem to be able to find stuff piece by piece but its not working as some instruction on how to get the ics upgrade on the device via external sd card is missing. Attatched is a pic of the factory reset screen, its blury but its a phone taking a pic oc a phone and is the best i can get.....please help meName:  bricked.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  89.3 KB

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: Bricked P9070 Burst

First of all, how is the phone acting? Maybe it's not a brick state at all.

This image is too blurry, did it successfully make a factory reset or is there an error? Is the data important to you?

If the data is not important to you, then you can reflash or flash a new firmware via Odin. Do you have any experience with Odin? If you don't, then you'll need three things: Odin itself (it's a program for Windows), a specific file for your phone that will allow you to flash and the firmware. Once you have everything, you'll need open Odin, see if the firmware is in one file or separated is several. If it's one, then check "One package" in Odin, order all the files where they belong, you can easily determine that from the extension of the files. All needed options are checked automatically. Once you order all the files, enter Download mode on your phone. It's a 3-button combination. I don't know your phone's combination, but it's usually POWER+HOME+VOL DOWN. When you get into the Download mode, plug in your phone via USB cable to your PC. Wait for Odin to recognize your phone, once it does, hit start. Wait until it finishes.

Sorry, because of the lack of time, I cannot fetch the needed files for you. If you can find them yourself - great. If you have problems with it or if you don't understand something in Odin, I will be back in 11 hours to explain every step in detail and clear. Or maybe someone else will come by.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Thanks Tears! I do not have experience with Odin just yet, if you are willing to take the time to write out a walk through I am sure it would help me, If you do not have the time I can probably stumble through it. I have "hacked" or modded alot of things in my life but I am just getting into phones/tablets etc....My experience is mostly in gaming systems 360, ps3 ,psp etc, I have noticed phones are similar to psp. OK to explain what it is the phone is actually doing/acting like. After ROM manager fast reboot it went to the AT&T screen and stuck there. The sound it plays starts but cuts out prior to playing all the sound byte. From there the only way to shut the phone off is to remove the battery. The screen in the picture is the factory recovery manager. I did the factory restart and it does not fix it, I did the format and reload partition to no avail as well. When I go to the download mode it seems to lock up, but I did not know of Odin so that may be why. I have tried all the stuff I have read about using the sd card and using the factory recover to load sdcard/image/zip and the phone says the file is not there. That is also what is showing in the picture wiht the poor little dead android fella. So Any guidance would be a major help as I am new to all the phone stuff. I am well able to use adb, organize files and open command prompts and such. I am not great with the linux commands as for the most part I have used DOS and things of that nature on gaming systems. Anyway thank you for any help you can provide and the above information. It will be about 22 hours before I can get back to working on this issue, that is if i dont end up sleeping at work after my 12 hour shift tomorrow with the snow ice rain sleet death mix that is forecasted to be on the way to my area lol. I hope to be savy enough in this area to be able to help like you are helping me at this point. THANKS AGAIN!
    Wayne

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Oh, you can operate ADB, that's great. You don't need Odin then. Here's what you do:

1. Make sure your PC has the USB drivers for your phone. If it doesn't, download Pantech PC Suite from here. The suite should install the drivers.
    2. Make sure your PC has Java Development Kit (JDK). If it doesn't, get it from Oracle.
    3. Get the Android SDK from Android's official website.
    4. Install the package from the SDK.

Now your phone will have to be rooted in order for ADB to flash it. You will also need a custom Recovery. Clockworkmod is recommended. If you are rooted, skip 5-10 steps.

If you are on Gingerbread, follow this:

ROOT.

5. Download this file.
    6. Save the file to the SDK to "platform-tools". By default, it's located at: C:\Program Files\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools.
    7. Now open your command line ("cmd") and navigate to the folder "C:\Program Files\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools". Type in "adb" and hit enter.
    8. Run the following command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    9. Wait for the device to enter the bootloader, then type in this command:
    Code:
    fastboot boot prestoroot.img
    10. The device should try to reboot, ignore it.

CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY.

11. Download the CWM recovery.
    12. Save it to the SDK's "platform-tools" which is in "C:\Program Files\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools" by default.
    13. Open the command line and navigate this folder at "C:\Program Files\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools".
    14. Run the following command:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    15. Wait for the device to enter the bootloader, then type in this command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img
    16. Then
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    17. Enter the recovery mode as usual. You'll notice it's different.

If you are on Ice-Cream Sandwich, this link should help you out.

Now to reflash the firmware.

18. Download the firmware.

19. Since the phone is bricked, you'll need an SD card. Use an adapter (should come with the card) or another phone. Extract the firmware on "/sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/"
    20. Boot to Recovery and press the following: Backup and restore > Restore > [navigate the backup file] > Yes – Restore. (NOTE: It will wipe out your current data. If you need to save it, then before you press "Restore", press "Backup" to save it. If you'll need it, I'll tell you how to later extract the data from this backup.)
    21. You may need to do a “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition”, and Wipe Dalvik Cache” to get OTA updates that AT&T/Pantech push out.
    22. Reboot your phone.

It should be fixed.

If there's something wrong, be sure to mention it.
    UltraDroid likes this.

adb and pc suite neither can find my phone, its in my list of attatched devices as a modem is there a way to change this??
    Last edited by wayne12; 02-21-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne12 View Post
    adb and pc suite neither can find my phone, its in my list of attatched devices as a modem is there a way to change this??
    Try installing Google USB drivers instead. It's in the SDK.
    Tears for Fears

It doesnt seem to matter what I do everytime i plug the phone in windows installs the modem drivers every time. Any way to disable this?

Windows shouldn't install the drivers unless there are no drivers at all. Check the device manager, see if there's an exclamation mark next to the device. If there is, right click on it and manually install the Goggle drivers. It's located at the ADT bundle in "extras" folder (assuming you have already installed it from the SDK). If there is no exclamation mark and it says that the drivers are working fine, right click on it, uninstall then install the Google drivers manually.
    Tears for Fears

That is what I have been trying to do, What happens is that when i delete the drivers the device goes away from the screen, I then attempt to click properties and i can not because it isnt attatched any longer. I unplug it plug it back in windows loads the drivers. I go to properties device, browse my computer for drivers, go to sdk/extras/google/usb drivers to install them and windows tells me the best drivers are already installed. I am starting to feel like maybe I am not as smart as I thought I was. I know this is aggravating when you are trying to help someone and they are not having any success or it seems like they dont have any idea about what they are doing. I promise I have a clue what im doing so please dont give up on me. Windows 7 is not friendly when it comes to this stuff and its really frustrating me, any other advice or do I just need to mail you the device lol. Can I shut off the auto install drivers option? I could on previous versions but cant seem to on this one
    Last edited by wayne12; 02-22-2013 at 11:50 AM.

I find Windows 7 funny, it acts differently on different computers. Install the drivers through the device manager. It'll never work if you'll try to install them directly. At least in Windows 7. Right click on the device, find an option to "reinstall" or "update drivers" or something in between. Choose to install it manually and then locate the Google drivers through the manager. It should then install it.

And don't worry, we at Android.net never give up on people who need help, we try our best to help them solve the issues they're facing.

Let me ask you, what is your timezone, where do you live? Because it seems hard to match our responses, it'd be better if we'd both be online at the same time.
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 02-22-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Tears for Fears

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links