JellyBean Galaxy Ac 2 screen blacking out while using wi-fi

This is a discussion on JellyBean Galaxy Ac 2 screen blacking out while using wi-fi within the Rescue Squad General forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; HI, there! I recenly updated my GA 2 with leaked official ROM via Odin. Everything works as it should except for one thing. When my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JellyBean Galaxy Ac 2 screen blacking out while using wi-fi

JellyBean Galaxy Ac 2 screen blacking out while using wi-fi

HI, there!
    I recenly updated my GA 2 with leaked official ROM via Odin. Everything works as it should except for one thing.
    When my screen dims out (goes into sleep mode? I don't know) and I want to turn it on again (by pressing home button or power button), it very often doesn't come back. Instead, I get black /or grey due to the LED lights/ screen with gray lines. It does not occur when WIFI is turned off, nor does it happen when I am charging. The screen is just black, but I can hear I am doing actions when I have sounds allowed. It usually wears off when I turn off and turn on the screen few times or I plug in the charger but sometimes it does not and it is very annoying. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Re: JellyBean Galaxy Ac 2 screen blacking out while using wi-fi

It is a flaw of the kernel. Some kernels are unable to properly process the deep sleep. But it shouldn't happen with an official ROM. Try reflashing it carefully with every step. Make sure the USB is connected properly. If the problem persists, though unlikely, then try a different ROM.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    It is a flaw of the kernel. Some kernels are unable to properly process the deep sleep. But it shouldn't happen with an official ROM. Try reflashing it carefully with every step. Make sure the USB is connected properly. If the problem persists, though unlikely, then try a different ROM.
    Thanks for the reply. If by reflashing you mean repeat the whole process all over, I did that numerous times but remained unsuccessful. I only hope it is not a HW problem. This ROM is the last one and afaik it should not cause this problem. The previous one has some issues with Gallery and Text Messages application.
    I head something about power saving mode of Wifi but when I dial *#0011# there is simply no Wifi option.

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!

Quote Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
    Thanks for the reply. If by reflashing you mean repeat the whole process all over, I did that numerous times but remained unsuccessful. I only hope it is not a HW problem. This ROM is the last one and afaik it should not cause this problem. The previous one has some issues with Gallery and Text Messages application.
    I head something about power saving mode of Wifi but when I dial *#0011# there is simply no Wifi option.
    It is possible to turn it off, but I don't think you can do that on the official ROM. If you want an official ROM, I suggest flashing it through Kies. But you can also flash a custom ROM made by indie developers. Though, I'd suggeat doing it via a Recovery.

It's possible that it's a hardware issue, but unlikely.
    Tears for Fears

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    It is possible to turn it off, but I don't think you can do that on the official ROM. If you want an official ROM, I suggest flashing it through Kies. But you can also flash a custom ROM made by indie developers. Though, I'd suggeat doing it via a Recovery.

It's possible that it's a hardware issue, but unlikely.
    Well the problem is, that though it is an official ROM, it is yet to be released. It is not a final version, it the one that leaked not even a week ago and everyone says it works as it should. WIFI also drains my battery excesivelly, much more compared to my S3 which was already on JB when purchased. Do you think its somehow connected?

Every device, although same model, is actually different. With uncertified ROMs this shows up most significantly. Certain ROMs may work flawlessly on some devices, while experience issues with other.
    Tears for Fears

Tried to switch back but tried stock ROM and it just wont let me pass through Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Screen Seems like I will have to stick with this one until the official release

How did you flash the stock ROM? Did you perform a clean flash? You can also try another stable custom ROM from XDA. I suggest flashing through the Recovery.
    Tears for Fears

Can you please link me a walkthrough? Your help is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links