Samsung Galaxy Note upgrade to Jelly bean and email not pushing

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Note upgrade to Jelly bean and email not pushing within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Can anyone advise please? I upgraded to Jellybean from ICS a couple of days ago and now my email will not push. I have no ...

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note upgrade to Jelly bean and email not pushing

Samsung Galaxy Note upgrade to Jelly bean and email not pushing

Can anyone advise please? I upgraded to Jellybean from ICS a couple of days ago and now my email will not push. I have no email come into my phone ever since- unless I sync all accounts. They were not synced before and email was pushed in. I do not want to sync the accounts I have as it drains battery and also downloads lots of mail that I do not want from months ago.
    Why is my email not working? I do not intend doing a factory reset withg all the work involved in setting up phone again. I have tried deleting all email and adding them again and still not working.
    Jelly bean has changed several things. There is no refresh option for email and there is no clear cache option for email either.
    is there any way to go back to what I had before? OR- how can I get my email to work?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    It's a bird
    The best option is to put your email to auto sync.
    You can try use Juice Defender from Play Store to save some battery.

Go to phone setting - application - all and check for email and email exchange service.

You can clear cache, data and force stop.

Hope some one can put some input soon and keep us posted

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

Thanks Astrix. Have tried all that and it still is not working unless synced. Even called Samsung and nobody knew how to fix this. They are denyying there is something wrong with jellybean, and just saying it has to be synced to get email, but there ares SO many people on the internet with the same problem- there must be something wrong somewhere. It pushed email through before on ICS without sync, but since upgrade to Jellybean it has not. Not willing to do factory reset just to see if it rectifies the problem. Lots of work setting it all up again with the amount of stuff on my phone.

I would do the following: 1. Assuming we are talking about the Gmail app, I would go into settings/Application Management/All/Gmail and clear data in that app. It will take the app a minute or so to re-sync. 2. If you are using the stock email app, I would strongly suggest using one of the third party email apps from the Play Store. K-9 is good and so is a ton of others. They are all better than the stock email app in the long run.

The above assumes you have everything already set to sync automatically.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Thank you Bayou fly fisher- as I have said above. It works if in sync mode- but I do not want the email accounts to be synced as it drains the battery very badly. They pushed in email before when on Ice CS without sync mode.
    Why is it not doing so now?? Have been happy with my samsung phone up to now- but if this is what they are doing with upgrades I will be changing to something else.Nobody can help in this issue.

My Note 2 stopped Syncing. This is what I did to fix it:

From the main screen, go to Settings
    Then Apps
    Then Email
    Then Clear Cache
    Then restart your phone.

At the top of the email page you can choose all accounts to sync or specific ones.

Hope that helps

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links