I May have deleted my android operating system

This is a discussion on I May have deleted my android operating system within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; This is really embarrassing since taking partial Computer Systems Technician program I don't back up. but I at the time had already rooted my phone ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By herecomesmaggi

Thread: I May have deleted my android operating system

Unhappy I May have deleted my android operating system

This is really embarrassing since taking partial Computer Systems Technician program I don't back up. but I at the time had already rooted my phone Samsung Galaxy Ace and heard a bunch of talk about roms and updating it. So I decided to try it myself. I was tried a few different roms but they didn't seem to be working and i tried one more rom and it didn't completely finish installing and my cellphone froze and shut down, i turned it on and honestly this is what happens it flashes the Samsung Logo then continues with a cellphone icon 2 dots (connection) then Yellow Triangle exclamation mark the two dots again and a computer monitor or screen.

The text beneath it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." But when i connect to my cellphone to my computer and Kies. nothing happens. What do i do, what are my options. I'm trying again because i havn't tried in a few months.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You've just caused a problem to your phone, but I doubt that you deleted the android OS. Problem is, I'm not a technician and I've only HEARD of your phone - never seen one or held one in my hands, so I'm ill equipped to help you. Solution: hang on for awhile and see if some of our more technically inclined staff can give you a hand with the problem.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I've tried again and my computer realizes when the phone is plugged in via micro-usb But I'm assuming thats becuase there's power being supplied to that? I'm not sure, anyways i try connecting the phone with kies and after about 10 minutes it just says to restart device and try again

Don't run your battery down too low. One of our people will be around soon.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Android Jr Member herecomesmaggi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attilahajzer View Post
    This is really embarrassing since taking partial Computer Systems Technician program I don't back up. but I at the time had already rooted my phone Samsung Galaxy Ace and heard a bunch of talk about roms and updating it. So I decided to try it myself. I was tried a few different roms but they didn't seem to be working and i tried one more rom and it didn't completely finish installing and my cellphone froze and shut down, i turned it on and honestly this is what happens it flashes the Samsung Logo then continues with a cellphone icon 2 dots (connection) then Yellow Triangle exclamation mark the two dots again and a computer monitor or screen.

The text beneath it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." But when i connect to my cellphone to my computer and Kies. nothing happens. What do i do, what are my options. I'm trying again because i havn't tried in a few months.
    Enter into recovery by pressing volume and off buttons. Then flash again through adb or kies.

Recovery Mode Can be Entered Holding Power Button + Middle Button/Home Button + Volume Up Button Simultaneously Until Recovery Mode Appears.

My advice : Install a custom recovery and flash any rom from sd card that will save u from kies. And other troubles in future.
    For more check this out,
    Link : http://androidlegend.com/how-to-root...xy-ace-s5830i/

Flowed from Burst !
    Last edited by herecomesmaggi; 06-22-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

I don't know if this is a problem but It either says Downloading.... forever and nothing advances or RAMDUMP. and the samsung logo centered on the device. no further progress plugged in or not.

Android Jr Member herecomesmaggi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attilahajzer View Post
    I don't know if this is a problem but It either says Downloading.... forever and nothing advances or RAMDUMP. and the samsung logo centered on the device. no further progress plugged in or not.
    Dude it will say downloading in handset as it is in upgrade mode you should flash from keis from pc. If it is in warranty ask service center they will fix that in hour or two.
    You just deleted the system files thats why u aren't able to boot in os. Fresh install of os fixes this. Use updating services from kies.

Flowed from Burst !

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links