Recover Imgcache File

This is a discussion on Recover Imgcache File within the Rescue Squad Help forums, part of the Android Rescue Squad Support Forum category; Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears Yes, imgcache.0 (along with imgcache.1, imgcache.2 etc.) store cache of all images from the gallery. Right! Now I need to find ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recover Imgcache File

Quote Originally Posted by Tears_for_Fears View Post
    Yes, imgcache.0 (along with imgcache.1, imgcache.2 etc.) store cache of all images from the gallery.
    Right! Now I need to find a software to open that! Any hints? ;-)

Hi garotosurpresa,

I'm developing software which can open the imgcache file. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to test on your imgcache file also.

The imgcache file is basically just a bunch of jpgs concatenated together. I'm checking to see if there are differences between manufacturer implementations. If you would like, you can email me your imgcache file, and if I can get them out, I'll email you back your pics.

Let me know,
    -Pete

DRP
    Quote Originally Posted by pgvoorhees View Post
    Hi garotosurpresa,

I'm developing software which can open the imgcache file. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to test on your imgcache file also.

The imgcache file is basically just a bunch of jpgs concatenated together. I'm checking to see if there are differences between manufacturer implementations. If you would like, you can email me your imgcache file, and if I can get them out, I'll email you back your pics.

Let me know,
    -Pete
    Hi Pete,

How far you with develping imgcache file opener/viewer/ reader ?
    Is so where can I find it to test it ?

Thanks in advance..

Exclamation Wondering If Software Worked

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoorhees View Post
    Hi garotosurpresa,

Let me know,
    -Pete
    Hi, Pete! It's been a while since this post originated. I am wondering if you were able to access images from the imgcache.idx files? I deleted my online photos through photos on Google plus. They were linked to my gallery without me knowing it. Thus, deleting online photos actually deleted all the pictures in my gallery on my phone. Brilliant, I know. I immediately opened the trash on Google plus, but, of course, and sadly, not all the photos were in there though I had not permanently deleted any. There is a glitch, and I fell victim to it. Samsung is fully aware but has no solution! If you do, that would be great. The only file I am desperate for is of my daughter's pregnancy tummy pics. :-( I can't turn back time to take them again. I had shared some of them, thankfully, so they are recover. A few are still missing. Anyway, were you able to get it to work? All other recovery programs available for download fail, as security features on the 4.3 Android do not allow access to utilize the features. Let me know if the imgcache.idx files are the key to solving for the big Samsung engineering failure!

Blessings,
    Elle

jna
    Hi all

regarding restoring photos from a gallery cache. I have in the cache files imgcache.0 and imginfocache.0 And the last one seems to contain exif data of original photos. Am I right?

But I didn't found any correlation between the records in the imginfocache.0 and the thumbnails restored from the imgcache.0 file. The first idea was that the records and thumbs should be arranged in tose file at the same order. But it looks to be wrong.

Any other ideas?

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links